Lowe's - Great Place to Work! Great Things Happening at the Loughborough store | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Great Place to Work! Great Things Happening at the Loughborough store"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great coworkers, great management. Our store used to have some REALLY horrible employees. They were lazy, undependable and blamed everyone (especially management) for their own shortcomings. Quite frankly, there was a time that the bad outnumbered the good. It was like everyone just accepted it or maybe forgot what good looked like. Then we got new management. Whoa, most people were NOT happy about it. They knew their days were numbered. Some people got onboard with the change real quick. Others, not so much. I can definitely say that anyone that is not here now, had it coming for one reason or another. It has been over a year and now we have a great team. People care now. I care now. I know that what I do everyday contributes to the success of the team. When I come into work, I’m coming to see my family. I love my job and look forward to working every shift.

Pay is really good for the work. You don’t have to be a genius and you can still scratch out a decent living for the wages. You just have to show the right effort and attitude. It’s easy to move up with the right mindset. You can’t expect it to be handed to you, though. You have to work for it and wait for the right opportunity. Benefits are great, too. Plus, ALL of the employees are eligible for quarterly bonuses, not just management. And we have an employee stock purchase plan. The company lets us buy stock for a 15% discount - free money!

Cons

Let’s face it, it’s retail. You control what you can control. You can’t control the customers. They can be a bit much at times. You just have to have the right attitude about them.

There are still a couple bums that act like they own the joint. They seriously complain about the most ridiculous things. For instance, the company throws Employee Appreciation Events every so often. Here the Company is spending a ton of money to feed and entertain us and all some people can do it complain; my hotdog is cold or you got the wrong kind of mustard. GET OVER IT! It is free food. Then, they mope around all day trying to figure out why they don’t receive positive recognition or get promoted. Hmmm, ya might think about looking in the mirror. Geez! Such entitlement.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Decent pay, but they don't care about their employees."

Former Employee - Garden Associate in Castle Rock, CO
    Former Employee - Garden Associate in Castle Rock, CO

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    You learn a lot of things that you can take to other jobs

Cons

Training is useless
    Take advantage of their employees
    Managers go on power trips
    Employee complaints are pretty much ignored

2. "Enjoyable job with great coworkers"

Current Employee - CSA in Elmira, NY
    Current Employee - CSA in Elmira, NY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, friends, perks, great coworkers

Cons

Very physically demanding, crazy hours

Advice to Management

Try to treat everyone equally-same rules for each employee-not 2 sets of rules.