Lowe's - Professional and easy to move up. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Professional and easy to move up."

Current Employee - Weekend Team in Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Weekend Team in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexiblity with schedule, great training, good team ethic.

Cons

none so far. I haven't worked with the company long enough to see any cons.

Advice to Management

Come mingle on the floor at every given opportunity. Your employees and customers will appreciate the extra effort.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Front End - Cashier in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Front End - Cashier in Athens, GA

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay, benefits, management, and co-workers. I loved coming to work just to be around my co-workers. For the most part we were treated fairly. Everyone was pretty friendly and the cashiers had frequent trips downtown together. People were usually willing to switch shifts with you if you asked in time and had something important going on.

Cons

The customers, and standing all day. A lot of the customers were rude no matter how nice you tried to be to them. You stand on your feet all day on a concrete ground so your feet and back hurt constantly. Please wear dependable shoes. Also, if you are part time, you won't get a weekend off unless you request it off.

Advice to Management

It's okay to tell a customer no...especially when they're clearly in the wrong. Customers are really not always right.

2. "Why Customer service is important"

Current Employee - Head Cashier in Mount Vernon, OH
    Current Employee - Head Cashier in Mount Vernon, OH

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and retirement opportunites. There is room to move up if you show up on time and do not miss any days of work. Also give great customer service and you will reap the benefits.

Cons

Too many politics. All upper management never wants to hear anyones input. Only their own. They never ask for it either.

Advice to Management

Please take pride in what you do. You are there to serve the community and stand behind the company name. You need to offer price match AND HONOR it. Also, any military personnel needs to be given the 10% discount. I also believe that if a manager is not doing a good enough job or has irritated an employee we should be able to express our opinions withouth being cussed out in front of a customer.