Lowe's - Had the best overall experience with any job I have had | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Had the best overall experience with any job I have had"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Noblesville, IN
Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love everything about my job, Lowes is all about their employee because if their employees are happy or satisfied then customers are as well. I loved everything about working for Lowe's as I started as a cashier and worked my way into a department.

Cons

Just with any company there are always going to be people that you do not get along with. Being that the store is so big, there are a ton of employees. Dont expect for everyone to like you and learn how to adapt to other personalities

Advice to Management

Stay involved with your employees, I always had amazing store managers and talk to him if you need to. If you are in a department, entrust in your department manager but if they do not help you then go through the chain of command

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

"Overworked, Poor Management, and Lies."

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate (Seasonal) in Keller, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate (Seasonal) in Keller, TX

I worked at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working there initially was a very positive experience. Lowe's pays better than majority of other retailers and they have good benefits if you can get on part-time or full-time. Very nice people that work there.

Cons

This was my experience, I'm sure it varies from locations, but these problems seemed to be caused by orders from corporate to my knowledge.

When I first started working there it was overwhelmingly positive. Staff was very helpful in training me on the registers, they gave me more time than needed to figure out the register and how it worked. Staff told me that eventually the seasonal position I was in would lead to a part-time or full-time position.

After a few months went by they kept telling me to kept my eye open for cashier positions on the career website. A little after that some positions opened. This was in May. I left in August. They kept telling me it was taking so long because they wanted me to be able to get as many hours as I could.

I started back to college and needed part-time hours, and when I asked about getting part time position they said I needed to schedule an interview. This was in June, I asked the HR when I could interview and he said we had to look at our schedules, I asked him about doing that for weeks and he never got back to me on it. Another month went buy and they hired 3 part time cashiers with no retail experience and continued to schedule me 40 hours a week. This is the point where I didn't want to work there anymore.

Let me also explain how scheduling works at Lowe's. They schedule you 3 weeks out, and a 40 hour week can easily become a 60. What they do is they'll schedule you 7 days, Thur-Sun will be one week. You'll work 9 hour shifts everyday. Then you'll work Monday-Wed all 9 hour shifts. These days are non-negotiable. They won't, and I repeat WON'T work with you if you're already scheduled. They put the responsibility onto you to switch out with someone, which would be fine if people would actually take these shifts. So if something comes up within those 3 weeks and you didn't request that day off over a month in advance, you're just screwed.

Advice to Management

Be honest with your workers.

2. "Not a bad place to work"

Pros

Management at the store I worked in was very easy to work for.

Cons

scheduling is all over the place some consistency would have been nice