Lowe's - My Lowes Review | Glassdoor

"My Lowes Review"

Pros

Good Hours and Great Staffing

Cons

Work systems are confusing and outdated

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

"If your over 50, we'll find a way to get rid of you (nothing personal)"

Former Employee - CSA
    Former Employee - CSA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They don't tolerate abuse by managers. Their customer base is generally civil and polite.

Cons

Highly competetive. Many young people waiting in line for your job. Not their fault, many have several young children to support and would be working somewhere else if they had any other options. If you're over 50 and can't perform the physical part of the job like a fit 30 year old, they'll find a way to get rid of you. It will be all above board, legal and documented and you will have no recourse. If you are a veteran, you may be spared.

Advice to Management

Find another profession because you are too busy worrying about your own job security to mentor and develop a customer service team. You really don't want to be bothered with problems where you may have to stick your neck out and you are definitely not going to take any risks.

2. "Most enjoyable job I have had!"

Current Employee - Stocker
    Current Employee - Stocker

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You have an opportunity to help people build all manner of projects, whether it's a playground for their children or a garden for their parents. Helping them pick out the right tools for the job is satisfying as well. I've had customers return to me with pictures of how the project I helped them design or improve has turned out and they are beaming with pride over how they were able to build something that they may not have thought otherwise possible.

Cons

Not everyone shares my passion for customer service. Upper management also has a complicated way of doing simplistic things sometimes, even with less complicated suggestions. Transferring between stores in the event that you have to move, as is my situation (for the military) is too complicated. You have to apply to the desired store, go through another interview, and get the job before you can be transferred. Computer systems are badly in need of an update, though I think they are doing that this upcoming year.

Advice to Management

Have the possible job candidate do an interview with their prospective manager. It gives both an opportunity to get a feel as to whether the candidate would be a good fit. This would cut down on turnover.