Lowe's - EqFair | Glassdoor

"EqFair"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Wichita, KS
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Wichita, KS

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love the people I work with , like a family all the time that you put it. Enjoy seeing the change in the Company regarding service levels. Like to see people promoted within the Stores. Able to grow into future leaders if that's what a person wants/

Cons

Not being paid fairly according to the new So Called PAY RATE ADVISOR that the company has put in place. The people that have been with the Company prior to this are being left behind. The OPEN DOOR policy does not go to the TOP of the Company, it Stops I was told.

Advice to Management

Don't think that the moral of the Stores are where they are because people are treated fairly. This is not at the Store Level but for those who think that the pay rate is fair. NOT TRUE and we will continue to lose associates with years of experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "I've ran the Lowe's obstacle course and I am tired of it."

Current Employee - Facility Service Associate
    Current Employee - Facility Service Associate

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good community of coworkers, varies from store to store.

Cons

Advancement is difficult/nonexistent.
    Management varies in quality.

Advice to Management

This will greatly vary, I've been in two stores with two very different managements. Each store is it's own personality. Across the board though, the company needs to keep a closer eye on it's store management. Some are shady, do too little or don't understand what managment is.

2. "Great Company Vision"

Pros

The Corporate leadership is motivating, inspiring and has a vision for the future that will ensure success

Cons

The Market, Area, and Store Management all has a different translation of the direction given by the Executive leadership. Focuses are confused and visions change as they flow down the chain. Business plans are executed differently then intended. Company is focused on recruiting external applicants for leadership roles more so then developing internal employees to fill the role

Advice to Management

Know what goes on in the store. Know how the employees really feel. Employees are scared of visits by Corporate staff due to the reactions of Store Managers and Market Directors to these visits.