Lowe's - I want to love working here so much.... | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"I want to love working here so much...."

Current Employee - Head Cashier
Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the majority of my customers, there's always a rotten apple in the bunch, but for the most part, it's great working with them. I love the products we sell, being a home owner, I love learning all the things the specialists teach me. I love the majority of my co-workers, again, rotten apples happen, but there's a lot of different personalities, and I try to get along with them all. The pay and benefits are decent, the pay could definitely be better for the work we do, most of us deserve it.

Cons

The corporate side of this company, really is a detriment to the individual stores in so many ways. They have this heavy fist that "keeps everybody in line" to the point, it becomes an incredibly stressful environment. I work at a high profit/year store, and those corporate fists are heavy in our store. They couldn't care less about the employees, at all. You know, the people that makes the stores flow like a well oiled machine?! Yea, we're just peons. A dime a dozen. A lot more has been added to our plates, with little to no more pay, and that's pretty discouraging too. The list of cons could be so much more, but I'll stick with my main grievances for now.

Advice to Management

Since Customer Service is what it's all about, and I don't disagree with that at all. Wouldn't it only make sense to try and build your stores with happy employees? If the employees feel valued and the environment wasn't so incredibly stifling, I can guarantee that you would have loyal customer service oriented employees that would be proud to call Lowe's their employer. It needs work though, the whole system needs work. We don't feel valued what-so-ever.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Bittersweet"

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Williamsburg, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Williamsburg, VA

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, and decent pay, peers

Cons

Boss, customers, environment, work/life balance

Advice to Management

Less hours

2. "Decent 6 years of my life..."

Former Employee - Head Cashier in Estero, FL
    Former Employee - Head Cashier in Estero, FL

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Bonuses, lots of vacation (typical in retail though), easy to get time off even after you use up your vacation, if you're part time they're flexible with your schedule

Cons

Too many managers, too many untrained coworkers and too many people who overall do a terrible job

Advice to Management

Learn about empathy... sometimes managers just don't seem to care about you in the least bit.