Lowe's - I want to love working here so much.... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"I want to love working here so much...."

Current Employee - Head Cashier
Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love the majority of my customers, there's always a rotten apple in the bunch, but for the most part, it's great working with them. I love the products we sell, being a home owner, I love learning all the things the specialists teach me. I love the majority of my co-workers, again, rotten apples happen, but there's a lot of different personalities, and I try to get along with them all. The pay and benefits are decent, the pay could definitely be better for the work we do, most of us deserve it.

Cons

The corporate side of this company, really is a detriment to the individual stores in so many ways. They have this heavy fist that "keeps everybody in line" to the point, it becomes an incredibly stressful environment. I work at a high profit/year store, and those corporate fists are heavy in our store. They couldn't care less about the employees, at all. You know, the people that makes the stores flow like a well oiled machine?! Yea, we're just peons. A dime a dozen. A lot more has been added to our plates, with little to no more pay, and that's pretty discouraging too. The list of cons could be so much more, but I'll stick with my main grievances for now.

Advice to Management

Since Customer Service is what it's all about, and I don't disagree with that at all. Wouldn't it only make sense to try and build your stores with happy employees? If the employees feel valued and the environment wasn't so incredibly stifling, I can guarantee that you would have loyal customer service oriented employees that would be proud to call Lowe's their employer. It needs work though, the whole system needs work. We don't feel valued what-so-ever.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "LNS"

Pros

Benefit package is great for a retail venue

Cons

Tracked sales under a microscope

Advice to Management

Trust your associates....they pay your morgage

"Human Resources Manager"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great environment, wonderful support.

Cons

Very satisfied with my current position and company.