Lowe's - I hate to love my job | Glassdoor

"I hate to love my job"

Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

everyday I go to work with incredibly intelligent people, customers are reliable and make the day fly by and the cashiers that I supervise teach me as much as i teach them.

Cons

management does not believe that the rules apply to them and talks down to their employees. Other than management issues, the store opens too early.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

"Department Manager"

Pros

Good pay and friendly associates to work with. Overtime after 40 hours and better than average benefits. 10% discount is ok.

Cons

Huge disconnect between corporate and management and also between management and and associates. No time to train due minimal staffing and constant call outs by staff, payroll is a joke. Associates are told to "figure it out" when asking how to take care of a customer because upper management doesn't know how or doesn't care.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training and less BS'ing in the back office. Stop robbing Peter to pay Paul when it comes to payroll and start managing up. When a new program rolls out, get the payroll to implement it properly and have to use payroll from the existing departments.

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lowe's is a different type of retail company and because of that, it's so much more than your everyday Walmart. It's a great company to work for. They do so much for their employees. Their pay is very competitive and there is a lot of opportunities for advancement. When people talk about needing a job, I always recommend Lowe's first. I enjoy what I do and customer satisfaction is our goal.

Cons

I only have a couple of downsides to working for Lowe's. The first and main one is upper management does a poor job at giving positive or constructive feedback. I realize they are busy, but it's nice to hear "thanks" or "good job" once in a while. The second one is not everyone is fair and consistent. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I lose a bit of respect for that person.

Advice to Management

Be positive and give feedback, even when it's just a couple of words. Also, at least try to be fair with everyone.