Lowe's - I hate to love my job | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"I hate to love my job"

Current Employee - Head Cashier
Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

everyday I go to work with incredibly intelligent people, customers are reliable and make the day fly by and the cashiers that I supervise teach me as much as i teach them.

Cons

management does not believe that the rules apply to them and talks down to their employees. Other than management issues, the store opens too early.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

"Department Manager"

Pros

Good pay and friendly associates to work with. Overtime after 40 hours and better than average benefits. 10% discount is ok.

Cons

Huge disconnect between corporate and management and also between management and and associates. No time to train due minimal staffing and constant call outs by staff, payroll is a joke. Associates are told to "figure it out" when asking how to take care of a customer because upper management doesn't know how or doesn't care.

Advice to Management

Spend more time training and less BS'ing in the back office. Stop robbing Peter to pay Paul when it comes to payroll and start managing up. When a new program rolls out, get the payroll to implement it properly and have to use payroll from the existing departments.

2. "The Best Retail Company I have worked for."

Current Employee - Seasonal Employee in Walkersville, MD
    Current Employee - Seasonal Employee in Walkersville, MD

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are nice, employees and customers. They aren't open late hours into the night. They are flexible with scheduling time off. There is room for advancement if you are a truly hard worker.

Cons

During certain times of the year they cut back hours. This is hard on the workers and customers especially when they need help with something. I think the cashiers need a little bit more training or cross training to be able to help in any area of store if needed.

Advice to Management

Need to pay a little bit more in order to keep talented employees longer. This goes for MOST companies; in order to build pride in ones work you need to show that you truly do vaule and appreciate their work by paying them more than minimum wage or the lowest thats allowed. People cannot live off of this - and makes for poor workers and disgruntled employees.