Lowe's - great people, great company, poor management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"great people, great company, poor management"

Former Employee - Summer Sales Associate in York, PA
Former Employee - Summer Sales Associate in York, PA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great great hr department
-the HR department were wonderful people and super nice and had no issues looking into things or fixing things for anyone who needed it.
-the company was very good at training for most things.

Cons

I was a female stuck in the plumbing department, and while most the time it went off without a hitch, as I knew where all the connectors were, and so forth, two people in my department the SPECIALIST might I add were very condescending to me. One time I was asked where a product was and i didn't know (I had only been working there maybe a month) apparently it was a nickname of another product and I was verbally humiliated in front of a customer for now knowing.

Advice to Management

communication!

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Very professional and honest."

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training for hourly employees

Cons

retail job in retail enviroment

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Head Cashier
    Current Employee - Head Cashier

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lowe's is a different type of retail company and because of that, it's so much more than your everyday Walmart. It's a great company to work for. They do so much for their employees. Their pay is very competitive and there is a lot of opportunities for advancement. When people talk about needing a job, I always recommend Lowe's first. I enjoy what I do and customer satisfaction is our goal.

Cons

I only have a couple of downsides to working for Lowe's. The first and main one is upper management does a poor job at giving positive or constructive feedback. I realize they are busy, but it's nice to hear "thanks" or "good job" once in a while. The second one is not everyone is fair and consistent. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I lose a bit of respect for that person.

Advice to Management

Be positive and give feedback, even when it's just a couple of words. Also, at least try to be fair with everyone.