Lowe's - challenging and rewarding sales career | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"challenging and rewarding sales career"

Former Employee - Project Specialist Exteriors in Palm Bay, FL
Former Employee - Project Specialist Exteriors in Palm Bay, FL

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For the position I had, I was salary+commission, so the money you made depended on how much you wanted to work for it. It is considerably more independent than other sales jobs, as you are not in the store very often.

Cons

Lowes computer system is based in MS DOS, which most of their store employees aren't even old enough to remember. Not very user friendly. They have been saying they will replace the computer system for about 2 years, but have yet to do so. Their is also a lack of decisiveness from corporate. They roll out programs that they don't see through to the end. Most stores run things as they see fit, which gives customers the impression of lack of consistency,

Advice to Management

There isn't anything I can think of to change with management, They were a great bunch of people to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Excellent company with good people"

Current Employee - Area PSA in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Area PSA in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of growth potential for learning about home improvement for motivated people.
    Wide variety of jobs to migrate to and perform. The company supports employees moving throughout the stores and/or corporate structure to continue career growth.
    I know many 15+ year employees working for Lowes, which indicates to me its a place worth spending years working.
    Stock match, decent benefits, the company appears to be on a quest leadership.

Cons

Their is a small but active percent of the employees that aren't as professional as I believe they should be when dealing with each other, not to be confused with customers which are treated well by all associates.

Advice to Management

Some of the front line supervisors need to get given a business 101 course, which could put them on the right track. Doing what feels good to you, versus what is best and will get results is not an ideal way to lead.

2. "Good place to work as long as you're not trying to make money"

Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Staunton, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Associate in Staunton, VA

I worked at Lowe's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

For the most part, the people are nice, the environment is good, and the work isn't bad.

Cons

The pay for almost everyone below management is around $10/hr. The economy is so bad right now that a lot of older people are getting these jobs, making it harder for younger people to work.

Advice to Management

You're doing your best.