Lowe's - The company is okay. | Glassdoor

"The company is okay."

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Las Vegas, NV
Current Employee - Customer Service Associate II in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Lowe's part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the company has a great customer service.

Cons

the pay is low and career advancement is limited.

Advice to Management

boost the income of customer service associates.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Uncaring, uninterested Management"

Former Employee - Outside Lawn and Garden/Receiving in Raynham, MA
    Former Employee - Outside Lawn and Garden/Receiving in Raynham, MA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked in the Garden Center and being outside in the Summer was the only benefit of the position.

Lowe's did offer $3,000 a year Tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Management does not care about you, your ideas or your interest in growth.

They refused to fill empty positions in departments, opting instead to drag people out of their own departments to cover areas they are not familiar with or comfortable with. This is extremely taxing on the employees who are unfortunate enough to end up in this situation. It's unfair to both them and the customers who are no longer receiving quality customer.

Even when my department was without a Department Manager for close to 6 months, I stepped into the role of overseeing the department, taking on many of those responsibilities, I was passed over when they finally decided to fill the empty position. The person brought on was transferred from another store simply to resolve a conflict of interest, not because he was the best person for the job.

The tuition reimbursement program was a joke. While the pay out was excellent, the process to actually receive it can take upwards of 6 months. I filed my application for the reimbursment program one year and it took so long I wasn't paid out till the following year. Then when I tried to apply again for that year I was told I already received a pay out for that year and was not eligable...

The hiring at my store was abysmal. I'm comfortable working with people who aren't familiar with retail setting or even the products we sell, as long as they are willing to learn and work hard. The people I had to work with had no interest in accomplishing anything, and were simply there to collect a pay check. This happened year after year. The worst part was that none of these people were ever removed or even spoken to about their poor quality of work. No one cared as long as they showed up.

Advice to Management

Stop Micro Managing. Let your employees do what they know needs to be done.

Listen when valuable members of your team try to tell you that something needs to be done to improve productivity. Stop shying away from confrontations simply because they're unpleasant and do what needs to be done.

Reward people who go above and beyond to prove themselves as assets, don't ignore them.

2. "workplace of mixed messages"

Current Employee - Receiver/Stocker in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Receiver/Stocker in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Lowe's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

at my store the managers are pretty helpful when you're in need (in your personal life not at work)

Cons

overnight crew is held against their will during unpaid lunches although in California they are required to let them out it's just the rest of us they couldn't care less about

Advice to Management

stop avoiding your jobs by placating employees that bring you their concerns, the whole mentality seems to be as long as I dont have to deal with it it's not really a problem.