Lowe's - Could be a lot better | Glassdoor

"Could be a lot better"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Maryville, TN
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Maryville, TN

I worked at Lowe's part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good place to work, easy to keep busy just to bad you can't get your bosses to do the same.

Cons

Management is a joke. You just have to be liked not knowledgeable to be in management.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Company is going through a lot of change, which is challenging and can be frustrating."

Former Employee - Visual Space Planner in Mooresville, NC
    Former Employee - Visual Space Planner in Mooresville, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The corporate office is beautiful and a great work environment. The majority of the employees are great people and easy to work with. Management is striving to make Lowe's a better company by changing the way they work and operate as a company. Company mission and values are good.

Cons

There didn't seem to be a lot of training for management. Most did not know how to coach their employees and give feedback to improve their job performance. Any job training for new process and procedures we received was timed poorly and usually led to more confusion and questions. Company is wanting to move at a faster speed than they are used to, but people don't know how to work faster and it usually leads to mistakes that then delay what they are trying to accomplish. I worked on average, 60 hrs/week for the last 1.5 years of employment, even after more headcount was added to help with workload.

Advice to Management

Leadership should communicate change better and more clearly so that employees know how the changes will impact their job. Provide training for new processes and procedures in a timely manner, and make the training worth people's time.

2. "A Decent Company"

Former Employee - Call Center Pro in North Wilkesboro, NC
    Former Employee - Call Center Pro in North Wilkesboro, NC

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, great coworkers, excellent learning opportunity. I learned a great deal about the finer points of customer service, especially how to handle disgruntled patrons.

Cons

They will work the ever-loving daylights out of you. My department was under staffer, and we had pressure put upon us by peers, customers, and management alike. I became burned out very quickly.

Advice to Management

Helping your employees manage their work loads more effectively should be top priority. Be more eager to replace people as they leave. One of my biggest concerns was that my department had to loose four or five people before one single replacement was hired. We were chronically understaffed, which lead to high burn out and high turn over.