Lowe's - Great Benefits and Compensation | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Great Benefits and Compensation"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN
Former Employee - Store Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits took care of my family for years.......

Cons

It is as clear as muddy water!!!

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

"Complex"

Former Employee - Installed Sales Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Installed Sales Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lowe's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is good and there are a lot of different positions available. Just like all companies every store is going to give you a different experience.

Cons

It's hard to get promoted past a department manager. There is a lot of disconnect between the associates and upper management. The customers that shop at Lowe's can be out of control sometimes and managers will allow them to treat you poorly.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to roll out programs that are not well thought out or are too complicated, stores will not follow them and they will be dropped in a few months. Don't change policies because you have an angry customer because then all customers know you are just a bunch of push overs that will give them a free kitchen if they yell loud enough. Give lower level associates a chance to show their skills because most of them could do a better job than the ASMs who got promoted when it was a lot easier to get promoted in the company, those ASMs are usually lazy and don't care about furthering their education for the company.

2. "Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Nokomis, FL
    Former Employee - Cashier in Nokomis, FL

I worked at Lowe's full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees were great to work with,very nice people in the store.

Cons

I found that there were to many managers that were very unorganized,also training was a complete joke,i had a total of 3 hours training on their cash register software,that is out of date and was put out on the floor to work,sometimes i was the only cashier and i would have at least 5 plus people in my line at all times all day,very hectic.I also applied for the position as an on the floor consultant and was very specific with H.R. that i could not work as a cashier due to shoulder surgery in the past,and on my first day of work was told by the head cashier that this was my job placement,i went to H.R. and was basically told take it or leave it after i spent a week in training on the computer and store policies ect.I spoke with management about this as well and was told to go back and talk with H.R,big time run around,sad..

Advice to Management

Get organized and talk to your employees more,i was doing a job on my second day at work and i got yelled at like a child by another manager to stop and was directed and yelled at in front of customers and employees,to do another job.Very wrong the way i was treated.