Lowe's - Great time, somewhat laid back, excellent pay for part-time, excellent hours and flexiblity | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Great time, somewhat laid back, excellent pay for part-time, excellent hours and flexiblity"

Former Employee - Cashier - Front End
Former Employee - Cashier - Front End

Pros

The dress code is very laid back, you don't have to get pampered. It was easy to make good relationships with other employees and the management. Scheduling was extremely flexible, if you needed a day off here in there, you are very likely to get it. The pay for me was at least $1.50 above minimum wage as a part-timer and cashier. There are normally many people working at once, so you don't have a huge workload. Breaks and lunches are always given and promptly given. If you are a cashier, you get to move around a lot. Lots of hours for part-timers if you needed it. Good training.

Cons

The only thing I didn't like was having to stand in front of the register and act like a robot.
I didn't like working at the Customer Service registor because you had to answer a million phone calls, ring up customers, and if the employee you directed the customer to (lumber, hardware, lighting employee etc) didn't answer the phone, you had to make an announcement over the intercom on top of everything. If you multi-task well and have a good memory, it should be easy.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work, and maybe make more incentives for employees. Like contests for getting customers to fill out the most donation cards and getting credit card apps.

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Promotions"

Current Employee - CSA
    Current Employee - CSA

Pros

Lowe's is best known for it's customer service and that is what I do best. We have a lot of very professional individuals that work at our store. The store is always clean and well stocked thanks to the the people that work at our Lowe's

Cons

I work part-time and the inconsistentcy of the scheduling makes it hard to work a second job. I know they know that you can't make a living only working part time. When positions open generally they do not post the job and are selectively hand picking for promotions. That seems completely the opposite of what I was told when I hired in. It's not what you know about the product you sell, but how you answer the interview questions.

Advice to Management

Be fair to the employees across the board. Stop having favorites, this is not high school. And don't act like a know it all! We seasoned professionals really do know what we are talking about, so don't interject when we are with a customer unless you know what you are talking about!

2. "Experiences in the work place"

Pros

Lowe's offers competitive starting pay for new hires, many locations available with different positions at each location. offers great benefits for full and part time employees

Cons

Management can be very dictating, they sometimes lack experience and do not let employees suggest ways to make greater improvements

Advice to Management

I believe management needs to put people first, in my experience I have dealt with managers with bad attitudes and no self reliance.