Lowe's - Lowe's is greatly unorganized and makes low ranking employees feel unvalued | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lowe's

"Lowe's is greatly unorganized and makes low ranking employees feel unvalued"

Current Employee - Cashier in Simi Valley, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Simi Valley, CA

Pros

Pay rate was decent benefits are good if you are hired permanently, co-workers are usually decent people to work with

Cons

Lack of organization leading to customer dissatisfaction and employee resent. Corporate vibe to everything

Advice to Management

Treat your lower ranking employees respectfully

Other Employee Reviews for Lowe's

1. "Lowe,s work life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Pros

Lowes is a great place to work for full time and partime. The pay and benefits are better the most retailers offer. The work enviroment is air condition, unlike the competitor. The management seems to be fair and reasonable with request.

Cons

It is retail, the hours can be terrible. This is times when there is never enough coverage on the sales floor. The management always seems to have too much going on and is running around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Advice to Management

Simplify things. Too many things going on, not enough time with the amount of help in the stores. Need to go back to the basics (customer service, zonning, ailse shopability

2. "You Could DEFINITELY Do Worse"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate IV in Prattville, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate IV in Prattville, AL

Pros

The environment at my store is pretty good. I work with some very talented people who are willing to share theor knowledge and experience readily. As with any other job, naturally I as well as anyone else has minor gripes, shorthanded sometimes, blah blah blah but overall it is a good place to work. I hope to spend the rest of my working career here!

Cons

The only con that I can really pont out is somewhat of a severe disconnect between Upper level management in the store and their hourly employees. When they do venture out of their offices, they barely speak to you and can be quite critical of situations they have absolutely NO IDEA about whats going on.

Advice to Management

PLEASE work on your interactions and relationships with your hourly employees. Having been an upper level manager before, you know as well as I do that we are the engines that make the Big Blue Machine run,,,,