Loyola University - As a student worker, supervisors are understanding about taking time off to study. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Loyola University

"As a student worker, supervisors are understanding about taking time off to study."

Former Employee - Student Worker in Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Student Worker in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexibility of scheduling as well as the ability to work from home or to take time off.

Cons

Boredom and sometimes a lack of communication

Other Employee Reviews for Loyola University

1. "Getting your foot in the door is a step in the right direction."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

LUC has a great benefits package and for the most part offers a lot of institutional support to individual employees. After you've been there a year you can take classes for free from various programs, and a spouse gets a steep discount as well. Most managers are flexible and there's plenty of space between my personal life and my work life because of that flexibility. I feel like I've done some genuinely good work here and make people's lives better because of it, something I was searching for when I found this job.

Cons

Like any typical larger company or univ, communication between departments and schools can be found lacking. It takes a few extra messages or calls to get someone out of their comfort zone if you're looking to try something new or get them to buy into what you're doing. There are times when it feels like no one knows what anybody else is doing and occasionally wires of communication get crossed because of it.

Advice to Management

Don't let your depts get so territorial and help everyone be more open to new things.

2. "Stimulating"

Current Employee - Administrator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Administrator in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great work environment to participate in

Cons

Can be bureaucratic at times

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing