Lucid Software - Fantastic Place to Work | Glassdoor

Fantastic Place to Work

Current Employee - Art Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Rock solid executive team. They are very smart, driven, and kind. They genuinely care about their employees. Employees are treated with respect and trust. Co-workers are also smart and hard working. Work/Life balance is great. Yearly retreats and hackathons. Catered lunches twice a week. Great product that our users love. Fast growth and energy.

Cons

There are no slides and the snacks are generally healthy.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, be sure to continue hiring smart, passionate people. Keep standards high.

January 24, 2019VP of People Operations

Appreciate your review! Glad to have you on the team and that you enjoy Lucid as much as we do. We truly do care about our employees and strive to promote a respectful environment, so thank you for calling that out. -Kat

Other Employee Reviews

More talk than walk

Current Employee - CSM in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The work environment is open and positive. The employee base is exceptional, and it's rare to find a coworker to dislike. The product offering is an easy sell. Customers are generally very happy with the work done.

Cons

Compensation is insulting. Lucid hires the absolute best talent in the valley but pays them like they are average. This is a stepping stone, not a career. They will give you future promises and tell you what you want to hear, but they won't make any real changes. Office bureaucracy is overwhelming. When I first started, there was autonomy on an employee-level. The company has become a top-down, slow-moving machine....

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth rather than what you can get away with. Stop throwing free food at your employees and start finding ways to compensate competitively. It's demotivating to work for a company that won't put their money where their mouth is.

February 20, 2019VP of People Operations

We don't want any of our employees to feel this way. We strive to pay competitively. I would love to talk to you about your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me directly. - Kat

2. Great place to work!

Current Employee - Associate Data Scientist in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get a lot of ownership with interesting problems. They trust you from day one, and you get plenty of food/snacks. It’s awesome to get the commuter pass covered for free commuting too.

Cons

It’s small, so there’s lots of changes — good and bad.

Advice to Management

It would be awesome to get the week between Christmas and New Years off as a company.

January 9, 2019VP of People Operations

Thanks for your feedback. Ownership and autonomy are things we really value and we believe that every employee truly has the ability to meaningfully help our company. If that trust isn't there, the individual and our company as a whole aren't able reach it's fullest potential, so ...

Discover more reviews about Lucid Software.