Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Luicd lives their values

Apr 28, 2021 - Security Engineer in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Lucid has been a dream come true. They worked with me to make sure I got my dream role. The people here are not only extremely competent and intelligent but also kind, caring, and passionate about their work.

Cons

Haven't found any cons yet.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's been a great place to work

May 7, 2021 - Product Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, Lots of Responsibility

Cons

There are few full-time remote roles

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Everything's great except compensation and PTO which continue to be below tech industry

Jan 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities, some benefits, mission-driven leaders, younger culture that focuses on teamwork over ego, WFH stipend, decent focus on diversity and inclusion, incredibly stable outlook.

Cons

Compensation, compensation, compensation. I've seen swaths of people leave my department because other Utah tech companies have offered up to 40% more in compensation for the same role. Lucid leadership refuses to acknowledge that they pay below market and instead say that they continue to use a compensation research company to help determine salaries. Not convinced that it's working if area tech companies continue to poach Lucidites. Great if you're just starting a career but once your 4-5 years in, it doesn't become worth it anymore. Lucid is starting to appear in the same arena as places like Pluralsight, Qualtrics but the compensation means they aren't recruiting the talent needed to get to that level. Unfortunately, PTO is quite restrictive for the tech industry. 15 days PTO as a SaaS company with ten years under its belt? Unlimited PTO is standard in many competing tech markets (and in many Utah tech companies). Most benefits that are touted in response to concerns are focused specifically on parents (which are incredibly important) but considering the young crowd Lucid attracts, it just doesn't cut it. Grateful the CEO is progressive enough to celebrate Juneteenth and MLK Day but they took away our floating holiday to do so. Essentially, management is getting credit for being progressive while forcing employees to pay for it with a rare day off. A true statement would have been to allow employees to keep their floating holiday and close the company down on holidays celebrating racial justice.

4 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Lucid Software.