Lularoe - Don't give it a second thought, RUN! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Home office spent some time getting their feet under them" (in 36 reviews)

• "Very hard to do this as well as work a full-time job" (in 28 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Don't give it a second thought, RUN!"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Los Angeles, CA
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Lularoe as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Clothes are comfortable and cute however not made in the USA any longer. Disclaimer - this review is solely my opinion.

Cons

-They take nearly $5,000 up front to onboard and provide you whatever inventory they have in stock, essentially at 150-200 new consultants a day and they want 300
-It is obvious the above is the quicker way to make money so once you are in you get no support or ability to buy what you need because it is more about bringing in new people
-No longer made in USA due to demand
-takes your money as a consultant and provides you nothing in return after your onboard
-when they make a mistake with billing etc, it is your responsibility to fix it with your customer even though it was LLR's fault
-quality and sizing issues are now abundant and costs the consultant a lot of money and time in returns
-they do not allow you to provide honest feedback by saying "current consultants are not feeling valued and supported" which is the truth is deemed negative and not in line with the Code of Ethics so you get in trouble
-the online system the consultants use is terrible, double charges, doesn't work, gets hacked
-they keep saying "we have a warehouse full of inventory" but consultants can still not order because they don't causing consultants to lose business
-they have no idea how to run a business, sales tax is all wrong, etc
-if you get lucky enough to order inventory they will take your money but you never really got it due to a system glitch and now it takes forever to get your money back
-if you email support for help, fufu great a message back that states "sorry we are growing so fast and are unable to respond for 2-3 days" and you never hear back.
-if you call you wait on hold for over an hour to be sent to voicemail and never get a call back

Advice to Management

Take care of the people you have instead of worrying about the quick money, grow your business organically and you will have long term success. Now it appears as though you are only in it for the quick cash up front. Do allow real conversations to happen, if you are honest people will respect and value your business. Sometimes the truth hurts bit address it, fix it and move on. If you can do that, you won't have to worry about "negativity" and shame people for feeling slighted. You need to stop forcing people to be fake and focus on reality and the "positivity" will follow. Stop on boarding and fix what is broken, YOU are only growing the problem and "negativity" at your own fault.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Consultants-to-be, Beware."

Current Contractor - Fashion Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - Fashion Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Lularoe as a contractor

Pros

Soft, comfortable clothes that are stylish. There is truly something for everyone. Decent variety in terms of dress styles, shirt styles, leggings and skirts.

Cons

Where does one begin...
    -LLR puts so much emphasis on being Polly Positive that they can't address REAL concerns. If you do bring up a concern, you are swept under a rug. Your concerns are deleted from the Facebook support groups. STOP PRETENDING OUR CONCERNS ARE NOT VALID.
    -They are so worried about onboarding 150 consultants per day that they have lost sight of how to take care of their current consultants. Because of this, inventory that current consultants need is unavailable. How are you supposed to run a business if you can't get the items your customers need and WANT?!
    -Empty promises are a pattern. We're told to expect items to be back in stock so we advertise those items. Then when we go to order the items they're either unavailable or out of stock so fast that no one even had a chance. It's a free for all with inventory. Instead of delegating a certain amount for consultants PER CONSULTANT there's no "sharing the wealth." If you can't get to the computer when items are released, you are SOL.
    -When we onboarded on ordered our initial inventory we were shorted items. It's been over 2 months and LLR "forgot" about us. We have yet to receive the items we PAID FOR and are owed. I have proof of the communication between us and LLR and all is radio-silent...
    -The computer system called Audrey has more problems than ever before. Because LLR is growing so fast, their system literally cannot keep up with it. Then someone hacked it and we lost 3 days of doing business because we couldn't invoice. Then when it was "fixed," it charged our customers two and three times in error because it wasn't FIXED. We had to refund people via PayPal because of Audrey's problems.
    -There are inconsistencies with products. Instead of being made in the USA, LLR cheaped out and outsourced the manufacturing. No one pair of leggings fits like the next. Customers aren't blind and they won't buy a certain pair of leggings because they were made in Mexico or Indonesia. The sizing is inconsistent. How am I supposed to sell a pair of pants that are meant for those sizes 0-12 but won't fit over one of my legs? Then when I do get into them they rip because the quality isn't there. The amount of damages and defects we've received since manufacturing was outsourced is staggering. We wait MONTHS to order leggings and 1/4 of them cannot be sold. What is the point?!
    -These are just a FEW of the cons. It's hard to stand by a company who is so fixated on making money from onboarding new consultants that they can't even support the consultants they have.

Advice to Management

LLR needs to FIX THEIR PROBLEMS before adding new consultants. Take the time to talk to your current consultants and LISTEN to their problems. INVEST time in helping them instead of investing time in making your money off of new consultants. FIX your computer issue. FIX your inventory problems. FIX your QUALITY problems.

"can't get $ back for returned inventory"

Former Employee - Ex Consultant in Hood River, OR
    Former Employee - Ex Consultant in Hood River, OR

I worked at Lularoe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Repeated pleas to get my 90% of my over $6500 investment back after I returned inventory. No reponse.

Cons

Was told on 1-26-16 I would have my $ returned that day. Did not and they will not respond to my email pleas.

Advice to Management

Communicate and follow thru. I can not believe no one will respond to my pleas. I may have to sue just to get my $

Discover more reviews about Lularoe.