Lularoe - Horrible Hypocritical Company | Glassdoor

Employee Review

"Horrible Hypocritical Company"

Former Contractor - Customer Service in Corona, CA
Former Contractor - Customer Service in Corona, CA

I worked at Lularoe as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Cannot think about one redeeming fact about this company.

Cons

I worked at this company for 2 days at their facility in Corona, CA before I couldn’t take their tactics anymore and chose to resign. First of all to not allow women to wear pants to work in the 21st century is antiquated, when men are allowed to walk around in jeans and t-shirts and women have to wear several pieces of LuLaRoe clothing everyday to the office, but never pants! This is just sexist and unacceptable in the modern age.
Second of all they do not respect their sales consultants at all, who spend thousands to sell their products. I worked in their department where you responded to online contact us forms. They provided no training just sat you down in small room with a computer and a bunch of canned responses. The room was crammed with computers and tables, you were not allowed to get up and only use the bathroom a few times a day. Most of the emails that you were responding to were weeks old. These sales consultants were in need of help and they provided none. Most of the responses involved telling the sales consultants that unfortunately there was nothing LuLaRoe could do, the merchandise they received was based on what was in stock at the warehouse at the time. The customer service reps that answered the phones were in the room next to us, the phones never stopped ringing. I saw message after message that said "I tried to call and spent 4 hours on the phone waiting only to have the call disconnect and so now I am sending you this message" and these messages were now 2 weeks old. They do not value their sales consultants, customer service representatives or warehouse employees. They spend the first day of work giving you a training where you learn what a wonderful company they are and how they empower women. Its a crock they thrive on desperate women trying to sell their clothes and hide behind a veil of self righteousness and hypocrisy.

Advice to Management

Stop trying to indoctrinate your employees. They need to choose to truly respect and empower women. At this point you are just pretending to empower them.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"If I could give it zero stars, I would!"

Former Freelancer - Independent Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Freelancer - Independent Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Lularoe (More than a year)

Pros

There used to be many pros for this company, but their company management has gone down the tubes in favor of greed and lining their own pockets.

Cons

*Stolen artwork in their prints
    *Pyramid Scheme
    *Mandatory 30 days notice NOT given for policy changes
    *Uplines that push you to BUY BUY BUY while you're floundering in debt
    * No upline support
    *Backstabbing fellow retailers tattling like 6 year olds when you are trying to run YOUR business and stay afloat
    * Poor quality product and manufacturer's defects NOT addressed by the manufacturer

Advice to Management

Pay your retailers that resigned with the 100% buyback policy in place. Send them the shipping labels for which they had waited months. Stop taking over four weeks to refund their money. Stop trying to intentionally low ball their refund amounts so that YOU can pay them less than their inventory is worth.

"Consultant"

Current Contractor - Business Manager in Hilo, HI
    Current Contractor - Business Manager in Hilo, HI

I have been working at Lularoe as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I really can't think of any. We were able to work two years to make enough money to visit family on the mainland

Cons

The company lied under oath in a court documents. They force you to use a system that's broken. In their case POS doesn't stand for point of sales. Once you finally figure out how to use the system that they make you use they change it.

Advice to Management

Look out for the people who you know are fans. Do not foster intrinsic pessimism. Do not say, "everything sells". If you are coasting, you are going down hill! Investment should not be the justification for joining. You need to have a passion for selling, clothes, and just because someone feels that can do it, is not passion.

Discover more reviews about Lularoe.