Lull - A place where your contributions are valued | Glassdoor

"A place where your contributions are valued"

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Lull full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been working at Lull since its inception and have had the pleasure of seeing it grow into a full blown company. The owners work very hard in instilling ownership, experimentation with careful analysis,, and commitment to processes that are proven to work. I have learned invaluable skills through mentorship that you don't tend to see at companies of this type. The atmosphere is relaxed but takes the work very seriously. The company also values humility and honesty, which has always helped avoid any politics when driving important directives forward. I continue being proud of furthering a career at Lull.

Cons

In any growing business, keeping a centralized core among all departments can be a challenge. This can sometimes mean departments don't have visibility into initiatives being pushed by other departments. This doesn't tend to be a real issue unless a conflict of some sort arises (for example, if a software test leads to system errors that impact the work of others). I'll note that it's a challenge that is not unrecognized by the company and there are efforts to connect departments closer together, at the manager level and in general.

Lull2019-07-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great place to make a difference in a growing company"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Lull full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love feeling like I work with my buddies. I enjoy coming to work every day working with my team and we all are very invested in seeing each other succeed as a whole. There is huge potential for someone who is skilled and knows how to navigate the needs of the company and the varying personalities of the partners. Coming in when I did, it's been cool to feel like I've personally helped shape the culture and values. Even though the partners make many decisions, it truly feels like it's OUR company, as employees. Unlimited PTO is awesome and work-life balance is something that actually matters, not just a millennial buzzword. I love the casual atmosphere but don't mistake that for it being laid back. You're here to get stuff done and people are relying on you to do so. Show up focused every day and you'll do great. I feel heard when I have an idea, concern, etc. I truly feel like my professional contributions are appreciated and I make a difference in the success of the company. Performance bonuses available, based on your department. The tech is insane. If you have an idea, our developers and/or CTO can likely find a way to make it happen.

Cons

Typical growing pains of a small company with entrepreneurial owners who are learning how to manage a large group while not going overboard with spending money. The office is plain, white-walled and efficient but has what you need (read, no pingpong tables, nap pods, laptops, planters, or loud artwork on the walls — only a CON if you're expecting the typical "startup" vibe). The organization is flat which is great in so many ways but is unfortunate for anyone who is wanting to better learn how to manage people, departments, or even have a direct report. Decisions are so data-driven that it loses a tiny bit of humanity. Not a place for you if you care about BRAND at all. No 401k

Continue reading
    Lull2019-08-20
  2. "Pretty good overall."

Current Employee - Customer Support Representative in Goleta, CA

I have been working at Lull full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility in hours, competitive pay, benefits, like, PTO, sick pay, and health insurance.

Cons

Heavily micromanaged environment. Tethered to a headset. Employees are discouraged from using their own logic, reason or critical thought as every situation is treated exactly the same and a process must be followed. However, plenty of people are fine with this, so really just personal preference. There is also a pretty high turnover.

Continue reading
    Lull2019-09-19

Discover more reviews about Lull.