Lulu.com - Not perfect but I enjoyed coming to work each day | Glassdoor

"Not perfect but I enjoyed coming to work each day"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Lulu.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

• Your coworkers are awesome. Never once was there any issues between coworkers within my team. Even my overseas teammates were super friendly and awesome. • The work environment is great. Casual dress, snacks, lots of laughing, fun company activities. • Many opportunities to learn. I started at Lulu straight out of college and there were several very smart people that took me under their wing and taught me so... much. Everyone is willing to help and Lulu gives you plenty of room to grow. • Cool projects. When I started I got to work on brand new code that I got to help develop from the ground up with a small team. I was not just doing bug fixes on legacy code. It was an awesome experience. • If you are interested in something or have an idea of a different way to approach something you are able and encouraged to explore it. • If you need to work at home once in a while it is not a big deal. This was a huge help with work/life balance. • Good benefits and above average PTO.

Cons

• Your coworkers are awesome but there is so much turnover that you are always worried someone will leave or be fired. …Or that you will be fired. • There is a lot of pressure to make deadlines (and stay late) for deadlines you weren’t involved in deciding. Having to work late and weekends isn’t the norm but every once in a while is basically required – or you will get talked to. I really enjoyed the agile... development cycle at Lulu but this process will get thrown out the window when a hard deadline comes up. Final thoughts- No company is perfect. I enjoyed coming to work every day and left for reasons not related to Lulu.

Lulu.com2017-04-17

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A Development Renaissance"

I have been working at Lulu.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

A few year's ago Lulu went thru a change in technical leadership from the CTO all the way down. That leadership has brought in many progressive DevOps oriented concepts and has delivered several new modern products built upon a cloud hosted micro-service platform. The future is bright for Lulu.com!

Cons

None that I've seen so far

Lulu.com2018-08-16

Lulu.com Response

January 21, 2019VP Marketing

SO bright, we gotta wear shades! Thanks for the review!

2. "Unqualified technology management"

Former Contractor - Senior PM in Seattle, WA

I worked at Lulu.com for less than a year

Pros

Majority of co-workers nice to work with. Technology management is incredibly immature, many decisions being made based on who favors who. Pretty high turnover along with carelessness running the show. Good tech resources few in between.

Cons

Clueless management, program management has little to no framework.

Advice to Management

Focus on bribing and keeping quality resources. Remove ppl who smile wide just to cover the fact that they have no idea what they doing....and you've got quite of few of those.

Lulu.com2019-01-18

Lulu.com Response

January 21, 2019VP Marketing

This review was left for the wrong company (we do not, nor have we ever, employed a contractor in Seattle). Unfortunately, Glassdoor won't investigate or take action unless you pay them. There are a lot of companies out there that trade under the name Lulu, but Glassdoor only feels there is one...which is flattering, but not very helpful in this situation.

Discover more reviews about Lulu.com.