Lulu.com - Good Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Good Place to Work"

I have been working at Lulu.com full-time

Pros

Flexible work environment, good culture, wonderful people, great place to cut your teeth in the technology space. If you put in the time and effort Lulu will help get your career off the ground.

Cons

Office location (Morrisville - RTP) Not the highest salaries when compared to other companies with similar positions High turnover

Advice to Management

Keep innovating. In the self-publishing space we have to continue to innovate to be successful. Any idea should be welcomed and vetted properly by management, no matter how small or who it comes from.

Lulu.com2017-04-19

Other Employee Reviews

1. "A Development Renaissance"

I have been working at Lulu.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

A few year's ago Lulu went thru a change in technical leadership from the CTO all the way down. That leadership has brought in many progressive DevOps oriented concepts and has delivered several new modern products built upon a cloud hosted micro-service platform. The future is bright for Lulu.com!

Cons

None that I've seen so far

Lulu.com2018-08-16

Lulu.com Response

January 21, 2019VP Marketing

SO bright, we gotta wear shades! Thanks for the review!

2. "Unqualified technology management"

Former Contractor - Senior PM in Seattle, WA

I worked at Lulu.com for less than a year

Pros

Majority of co-workers nice to work with. Technology management is incredibly immature, many decisions being made based on who favors who. Pretty high turnover along with carelessness running the show. Good tech resources few in between.

Cons

Clueless management, program management has little to no framework.

Advice to Management

Focus on bribing and keeping quality resources. Remove ppl who smile wide just to cover the fact that they have no idea what they doing....and you've got quite of few of those.

Lulu.com2019-01-18

Lulu.com Response

January 21, 2019VP Marketing

This review was left for the wrong company (we do not, nor have we ever, employed a contractor in Seattle). Unfortunately, Glassdoor won't investigate or take action unless you pay them. There are a lot of companies out there that trade under the name Lulu, but Glassdoor only feels there is one...which is flattering, but not very helpful in this situation.

Discover more reviews about Lulu.com.