Lumos Labs - No place is perfect, but this place comes close! | Glassdoor

"No place is perfect, but this place comes close!"

I have been working at Lumos Labs

Pros

The people. Hands down, the best people I've ever worked with! Employees are smart, interesting and laid back. I can genuinely say that coming to work cheers me up when I'm feeling down. Everyone is passionate about the product and about each other. We have people from vastly varying fields learning from each other. I've been given opportunities to learn and grow here that I never expected but have thoroughly enjoyed....

Cons

We've erred on the side of giving too much freedom. While freedom in work is great, we've struggled with setting constraints and direction. Additionally, sometimes our processes can be too democratic or idealistic, which makes us unable to execute as quickly as we probably should.

Advice to Management

Rather than bringing everyone into the decision making process at the onset, include only major decision-makers initially. Create an environment where people feel comfortable giving feedback, and put your decision out there for review.

Lumos Labs2016-09-20

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great People, Amazing Products, Healthy Work Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Lumos Labs full-time for less than a year

Pros

People here are very friendly and care a lot about your well-being and interests. Joining Lumosity is like becoming part of a family. The work is interesting and meaningful and teams are aligned in a way that allows work to get done. I would recommend working here if you are the kind of person who enjoys working on something meaningful while being around great people.

Cons

You get spoiled with the amazing catered lunches.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Lumos Labs2018-12-21
  2. "Operations"

I worked at Lumos Labs full-time

Pros

Benefits were good and coworkers were great

Cons

Managment could be improved upon

Lumos Labs2018-08-30

Discover more reviews about Lumos Labs.