Lush - An engaging and fun work environment. I love the team-sell approach! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lush

"An engaging and fun work environment. I love the team-sell approach!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Lush part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company's ethos and the products themselves are part of the main reason why I love working at LUSH. We use amazing ingredients for our luxurious products- they actually work! In addition, our company is very dedicated to sustainability and giving back to the community.

Cons

At times, making sales benchmarks could be a bit stressful. However, this is part of my job to be able to handle the stress and busy times.

Advice to Management

I have worked at 2 LUSH's thus far, and senior management at both shops are supreme. They always give words of advice and encouragement. I have learned a lot about retail and LUSH as a company- they keep me excited about my work here.

Other Employee Reviews for Lush

1. "Just As Unprofessional As They Look"

Former Employee - Keyholder in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Miami, FL

I worked at Lush part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lush has great customers who really trust the teams opinion and actually make you feel more valued than your own manager does. Along with that Lush is one of the only places where you can be yourself no matter what color your hair is.

Cons

After reading the past reviews I couldn't agree more. I worked for Lush for two years and got absolutely no sense of appreciation and barely a pay raise. They are a cheap cheap cheap company who only care to invest money in their management which let me say is worse than any of the sales associates. The managers that Lush hire do exactly what the other reviews say, they play favorites like it's nobody's business. Do yourself the favor and don't work for Lush they will crush you with a smile on their faces.

Advice to Management

Hire people who actually have souls, just because you like their look doesn't mean that they are going to be good managers. Invest not only in your managers but in your staff, and I don't mean those yearly trainings. Get the opinion of the staff before the managers meetings, they know your managers so much better than you do because instead of seeing the fake exterior they put on for you we see the real everyday exterior which, let me tell you is not too pretty.

"Not for everyone"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

Pros

50% off all items! I'm pretty sure this was my main reason for staying with Lush. Their products are AMAZING but expensive. Everyone who works there are friendly and is always happy to help or answer any questions you have. It's probably one of the only retail stores you can work at where you can really let loose-- they encourage it! Dance around the store, laugh as loud as you want, and crack jokes. Another great part about working at Lush are the weekly parties and the prizes you win from sales contests. It keeps your spirits up and motivates you to work harder.

Cons

They REALLY go hard with the sales goals. At one time, my goal was to make $600 in one hour. And yet, I only got $9/hr before taxes. The job requires lots of studying. You must know every single product from what they do to what ingredients they are made out of. You really have to LOVE people in order to enjoy this job. You're literally expected to be happy and energetic ALL the time. You have to push people to buy, buy, buy which is what annoyed me the most about this job. I hate playing the role of a pushy fake sales associate but there was no way around it. Even the training manual they give you teaches you how to push and trick people into buying more than they wanted to. The management is HORRIBLE (ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE) at making schedules. There was not one week that I didn't have to confront the manager about the messed up schedule. I had to constantly remind them that I cannot be scheduled for work on certain days, and yet they would still give me a shift. Also, this may vary from store to store, but there is often petty drama among the workers. Although we're all smiley all the time, it can get pretty nasty.

Advice to Management

PLEASE... Have consideration for the employee's schedule. We work to live, not live to work. We have lives outside of our jobs.