Luth Research - over-worked and fast-paced analytics working environment | Glassdoor

"over-worked and fast-paced analytics working environment"

Former Employee - SQL Analyst in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked on the analytics team, so I can only speak about that environment. Most of the positive reviews about Luth come from the admin or phone room staff. 1) sometimes it's possible to work from home if you obtain permission from your supervisor in advance.

Cons

1) fast-paced working environment with unreasonable deadlines. 2) everyone on the Analytics team is overloaded with deliverables. 3) Management and sales teams have no experience in big-data analytics or platforms, so they often oversell/overpromise unreasonable deliverables to the clients. 4) The analytics platforms are completely out-dated. 5) There is a lot of self-learning that needs to be done. 6) Massive... turnover rate in analytics staff. 7) There is no time to optimize or improve existing analytics platforms or methodology. More importantly, management doesn't care if you try to optimize things. 8) Analytics methodology is completely outdated. 9) Benefits are pretty bad. Employees have to be employed at Luth for at least 1 year before they can take advantage of the retirement benefits. 10) a second chance company that employs felons.

Advice to Management

1) Hire big data analytics manager/director with a proven track record in analytics to modernize the analytics platforms and methodology at Luth. 2) Increase the number of analysts on the analytics team. 3) The sales team has too much control over analytics deliverables to the client.

Luth Research2018-02-15

Other Employee Reviews

1. "I loved working there"

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in San Diego, CA

I worked at Luth Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy, fun, and goal oriented

Cons

Headphones, long surveys, down time

Luth Research2019-06-12
  2. "Good to start acquiring experience"

Current Employee - Data Quality Analyst in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Luth Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very flexible schedule and good learning environment.

Cons

There is lack of structure

Luth Research2019-03-05

Discover more reviews about Luth Research.