Lutheran Life Communities - Interesting | Glassdoor

"Interesting"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I worked at Lutheran Life Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

First-class operation with quality of resident care as the driving factor. Pays well in relation with similar institutions.

Cons

At least slightly more high-pressure than necessary to get the job done.

Other Employee Reviews for Lutheran Life Communities

1. "Overall a great company"

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

Pros

Overall, Lutheran Life Communities was a great company to work for. Although I was only a server, I worked alongside people that truly cared about our residents - whether it be my coworkers in culinary services, CNA's, nurses, or upper level management. My supervisors were very accommodating of requests for time off and were aware that we have lives outside of our jobs. For the most part, they were very down to earth and were great at what they did.

Cons

The job was difficult at times, and the compensation we received did not reflect the work we put in, especially for experienced servers/leads. There were not many opportunities for advancement, and raises were few and far between.

Advice to Management

At times, more connection was needed between management and employees. Also, compensation was relatively low.

2. "Work is what you make of it."

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Crown Point, IN
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Crown Point, IN

I have been working at Lutheran Life Communities full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have never been mandated. Union facility. Excellent and inexpensive insurance. 12 hour shifts- one week 3 days, one week 4 days.

Cons

New administrator - a lot of changes. They currently are not allowing staff to work overtime unless it benefits the company. It is difficult to get someone to pick up your shift because they won't give you a list of PRN staff to call.

Advice to Management

Get to know staff before coming in and changing every little thing. Worry about bigger problems in the facility rather than the small stuff. Get rid of the under qualified employees and stop punishing the good employees. Show appreciation to good employees and those who do their job efficiently.