Lutheran Senior Services - Truly the first place I have worked where the mission is not just a statement, but a way of life. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lutheran Senior Services

"Truly the first place I have worked where the mission is not just a statement, but a way of life."

Pros

LSS, specifically LHV, is the premier retirement community in Illinois. Employees are treated as family, where their family is as important as their job. Management is not only focused on customer service, but also on the satisfaction of their employees. Everything is done, from the highest level of management, to see to it that the employees feel valued. I would never work anywhere else!

Cons

The only cons that I can think of are cons anywhere you work. The days are very busy. Budgets are tight. We do what we can with what we have, and some people feel that enough is never enough.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and never lose sight of the fact that the only way to increase customer satisfaction is to have employees who feel cared for and respected.

Other Employee Reviews for Lutheran Senior Services

"Overworked. Underpaid."

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

Pros

Coworkers and residents are great, good food. Great benefits.

Cons

No real opportunites to advance. Raises are extremely hard to get and low unless your manager favors you. Breaks are not given, but are deducted from your pay. Sometimes required to work as many as 50 hours a week because low staff and high school workers who's availability is practically nothing.

Advice to Management

Give your lower level staff the training and pay they deserve.

2. "Love it!!"

Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Marketing in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Lutheran Senior Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic people and mission

Cons

Hard work but meaningful work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job and employee recognition!

Lutheran Senior Services Response

Mar 13, 2017 – Video and Web Specialist

Thanks for your feedback! You’re right that the mission is at the heart of everything we do – and what sets us a part. We also value what you do every day on behalf of the older adults we serve ... More