Lycoming Engines - Lycoming Engines | Glassdoor

"Lycoming Engines"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, PA

Pros

Decent pay for the work you do. Decent amount of overtime on a weekly basis which is voluntary so you work what you want.

Cons

communication could be better between supervisor and employees, some employees that have been around for a long time are getting lazy.

Advice to Management

Have actual meetings set up between supervisors for the off shifts and the employees so that all the info can be communicated between shifts on a daily basis.

Other Employee Reviews for Lycoming Engines

1. "Great Internship Experience"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Lycoming Engines as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

One of my favorite things about working at Lycoming is the people you get to work with. Everyone is very approachable and knowledgeable. As an intern, I have learned a lot about my field in the short time I have been here, these experiences will definitely help me in my future career path.

Cons

The first week was quite a whirlwind. Between orientation sessions and on-the-job-training, you can easily feel overwhelmed. If you are not a quick learner, this transition may be difficult.

Advice to Management

Continue to give responsibility to your interns. It makes

2. "Company Review"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Lycoming Engines as an intern

Pros

Small company, very laid back. It was pretty easy on a day to day basis, no one was that angry if it took you an extra day for a deliverable.

Cons

Not that professional. Hard to get things done in a timely manner. Didn't really feel like a full time job because it was so laid back and a lot of people would leave for their next rotation.

Advice to Management

Definitely embrace the small close culture but work to add some more professionalism and set rules, expectations, and responsibilities into the workplace.