Lyft - That Rating system (sigh) | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"That Rating system (sigh)"

Current Freelancer - Driver in Washington, DC
Current Freelancer - Driver in Washington, DC

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Create your own schedule
Meet different people
Flexible pay options

Cons

Passenger routinely stiffing drivers
Outlandishly unfair driver rating system in comparison to the passenger rating system

Advice to Management

Make the rating system on the same page for drivers and passengers. 4.5 out of 5 and you're at risk for deactivation as a driver?? To me that is not realistic and especially unfair since a rider is not at risk of being banned at 4 stars. You must rate a rider 3 stars to never be requested by him/her again. So why not put the deactivation risk at 3.5 or 3.9 and below?? And also, I recommend that if a rider gives 3 stars or below, comments should be required. How can drivers fix issues they aren't made aware of? I keep my car in good repair, interior cleaned upholstery shampooed, keep water for passengers, keep phone chargers for all phone types for passengers, and get them where they are going in the timeliest of manners possible. Yet, my ratings drop daily and I do not know how to fix it.

Also, please consider the number or riders who constantly abuse lyft line; the ones who use it, then want to make multiple stops and extra trips, or the ones who get mad when someone else requests a rideshare. They would naturally be prime suspects in affecting drivers' ratings out of spiteful pettiness. Can these issues please be addressed?

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Lyft seems to care about you in this Gig Economy"

Current Freelancer - Driver in Nashville, TN
    Current Freelancer - Driver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Lyft (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours. Fee % increases during high demand. Management, operations & day to day back office leave you alone unless there are problems. Mileage write-offs at tax tine.

Cons

Management, operations & day to day back office leave you alone unless there are problems. Meaning they are hard to reach. Seems to be way to many drivers on the road competing for fares, pick-ups. Wear and tear on your vehicle. People generally don't tip.

Advice to Management

Allow easier access for driver/management communication. Increase driver fares and cuts. Aggressively recruiting drivers dilutes the pool of better, more professional, more knowledgeable drivers who provide a better customer experience.

2. "Good side job."

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

Flexibility, decent pay, interesting people.

Cons

Wear and tear on vehicle

Discover more reviews about Lyft.