Lyft - Worse company to work for ever | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Worse company to work for ever"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Lyft as a contractor

Pros

There are no benefits or pros.

Cons

Don't think about their drivers on my think about their passengers their rating system sucks they give u no specific feedback so u can try and improve and don't give u enough time to improve they just cut u from the company instead I wish I had never done it degrading undermining and they make u feel like have no brain or any kind of intelligence!!!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Terrible company takes advantage of their drivers"

Current Freelancer - Business Owner in Tucson, AZ
    Current Freelancer - Business Owner in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Lyft (Less than a year)

Pros

Offers a Flexible schedule
    No dress code

Cons

No consideration for drivers
    No respect for drivers
    Industry *FOLLOWER* (Uber is better)

Advice to Management

Lyft is an absolute failure as a corporate citizen and sports a business model which is designed in every way to take advantage of the people who do the work to make them money.

Consider this: the business model which Lyft uses does nothing to ensure that their drivers are paid the Federal Minimum Wage. While it's likely that a drive can make decent money in the major metro cities, it's much harder to do so in cities with less than 1 million people in them. And of course, there is no medical insurance, no retirement program and in fact, no actual benefit compensations of any kind. Oh, but they will help you rent a car to use to drive for Lyft *exclusively*.

These lower than minimum wages don't stop Lyft from taking a heavy handed approach to managing their drivers, however. Any visible blemish on the vehicle or even just being stopped by the police during a fare (stopped, not cited or ticketed... just stopped) will result in the driver's account being suspended until they explain everything and prove that their vehicle continues to meet Lyft unrealistic standards.

Imagine that you've gotten a minor dent in your vehicle which, during the after fare survey, a passenger notes to Lyft. Your driving account will be suspended, even if you possess an alternative vehicle setup with Lyft that you could use while you get your main one repaired. Yep, they are too incompetent to disable use of a vehicle with Lyft and can only deactivate the driver account. Of course, this leaves the driver with no means to raise money to fix their vehicle.

So to recap, no guarantee of even earning minimum wage, no benefits and a heavy-handed "take it or leave it" approach to working with the people who actually make the money for Lyft.

2. "Driver"

Current Freelancer - California in Rio Linda, CA
    Current Freelancer - California in Rio Linda, CA

I have been working at Lyft (Less than a year)

Pros

Work any time and have a nice car to boot.

Cons

Money is very tight I am in serious need for more income.

Advice to Management

Please I have experience. I would love to look into corporate opportunities.

Discover more reviews about Lyft.