Lyft - Revise that Rating System! | Glassdoor
Pros
Cons
  • "Wear and tear on the car isn’t fun" (in 89 reviews)

• "Outlandishly unfair driver rating system in comparison to the passenger" (in 72 reviews)

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Revise that Rating System!"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

Pros

flexible schedule, opportunity to meet interesting people

Cons

poor rating system; inconsistent bonus system

Advice to Management

The rating system as ism is quite unfair. First, it is possible to be rated low for things that are not the driver's fault. For example, I will not run lights to get someone to work on time so they rate me low. Second, I do not think riders understand how the system works. 4 is described as GOOD and 5 is described as EXCELLENT. So a passenger might think that" as long as a person does everything right, I will give them a 4. I should reserve a 5 for people who do something special or go above and beyond. " That is the way that I thought as a passenger. Then, when I became a driver, I learned that if your average drops below 4.6 you could be deactivated. So, if half of my passengers take the term GOOD literally as it relates to a 4, I could lose my earning opportunity. Find another label for 4, obviously, you do not think it is GOOD enough,

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Tax involve ?"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer

I have been working at Lyft (More than a year)

Pros

Yes on your own free time, and is very convenient of flexible schedule. Ok with bonus and prime time. Thats all i can say for pros *

Cons

The down side is having too many I dont even know where to start.
    I dont remember there was Tax involve. But the platform is take away too much.. fee is already take out about 20% of the earning. So if tax, flatform, and fee is about 50% that takes out from our earning.. about the destination, is just too much and is wasting our time and gas from driving back home. (That is mostly dont receive request from "set destination")

Advice to Management

Fair need to concern more to the driver's liability, profits, and not let driver loose motivate from working for lyft.

2. "Contract Driver"

Current Freelancer - Driver/Contract in San Antonio, TX
    Current Freelancer - Driver/Contract in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lyft (More than 3 years)

Pros

Driving with Lyft is easy and fun. You decide when and how long you work. You can always have full control and Lyft customers have been great overall. Your helping your community while earning a flexible income towards what your goals may be. Easy, fun, rewarding.

Cons

Being that it’s on your terms and you decide to work or not. I do not see any cons

Advice to Management

Great job in creating a fun community. Keep an eye on rising fuel costs and costs to run a good ride for customers. If rates need to increase because of rising costs please be aware.

Discover more reviews about Lyft.