Cover image for Lyft

Former Freelancer, more than 1 year

Lyft Driver Experience

Aug 22, 2022 - Driver in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great opportunity to make some extra cash with the flexibility of creating your own schedule

Cons

Unpredictable slow days in given ecomony

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer

Full time

Nov 24, 2022 - Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

4.5 years full time, over 13,000 rides given. Love my job!

Cons

Wear and tear on car.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Misleading and Toxic

Oct 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Perks are good. That's it

Cons

Where to begin... First and foremost, I would hope anyone in HR would read this: I make this very loud and clear when people say this place is toxic, it is TOXIC. Management doesn't intervene into coworker quarrels unless someone from HR brings up a complain from an employee and then that's where they intervene. There is also issues with management that support the kind of people who do barely the bare minimum and give flack for those who go the extra mile to prove themselves as actual employees that want to work to do better. I've had issues amongst colleagues that plot and snitch behind their fellow colleagues to bring them down just because those people don't want to do better themselves. Lyft promotes the idea of "everyone is a family", "unity", "solidarity", and other buzzwords to reel in candidates to work for them. What they really do is not what they say they do. There is no one to oversee how employees are treating other employees like enemies and it makes it hard for those who want to change the tide in the workplace, feel threatened, anxious, and demoralized. Nepotism, lack of integrity, maturity, and yet they make us take all those dumb video trainings to not condone that.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Lyft.

Lyft Photos

+ Add Photo
Lyft photo of: Team members working in the San Francisco Office
Lyft photo of: Team members working in the Nashville Office
Lyft photo of: Team members working in the Nashville Office
Lyft photo of: Team members working in the Dolly Parton room in the Nashville Office
Lyft photo of: Team members in our Nashville office