Lyon Real Estate - They really care about you and if you do your job well there are many avenues to move up in the organization. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lyon Real Estate

"They really care about you and if you do your job well there are many avenues to move up in the organization."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Pros

advancement, benefits, culture is fantastic, they believe that having fun is a key to a great work place. Senior management is very progressive. They are very consistent in how outlying branches are run. They pull everyone together multiple times a year so we can meet the whole staff. There human resources department is very well run and I always had a place to call when I felt there was a problem. They treat everyone equally when it comes to moving up in the organization and they try and hire from within first. I really like that I was given an opportunity to move up in the organization even thought I was 100 miles from Headquarters. The culture is very nurturing too.

Cons

locations that are remote and are not as visible to management. The real estate agents can be rude at times but most of the time they treat you with respect. Top producing real estate agents get away with more than the lesser producing agents when it comes to incomplete paperwork that needs to be turned in.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to visit outlying locations more often. Then they could see how the staff was dealing with issues that are relevant to that location.

Other Employee Reviews for Lyon Real Estate

1. "Very progressive company with strong principles, ethics, and professionalism"

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Folsom, CA
    Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Folsom, CA

Pros

The atmosphere and professionalism is exceptional. It is a very cooperative and sharing work environment with an excellent administrative staff and management.

Cons

Only downside as of recent is Mike Lyon's personal life, but it has had a very minimal impact on our business because he surrounded himself with a astute and intelligent executive management team that has a very strong leadership style and progressive mind-set.

"Great prt-time job and excellent company for those just starting a career in Real Estate."

Former Employee - Sales in Folsom, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Folsom, CA

Pros

Work when and how much you want. You decide your salary. I did this as a part time gig for almost 10 years and had a blast doing it.

Cons

No benefits or base salary. 100% comission. If you seek a stable base this is not the place you want to work. This is for those willing to take the risk.

Advice to Management

Offer some type of pooled health insurance option. Encourage employyes to attend every training class that is offered to further their knowledge of the business.