LyondellBasell - An ok place to start your career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LyondellBasell

"An ok place to start your career."

Current Employee - Mechanical Reliability Engineer in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Mechanical Reliability Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top performers get promoted quickly. There is a rotation program so you won't get stuck at a bad site for too long. Good benefits. Some senior staff members are excellent. Company is extremely profitable at the moment.

Cons

Salaries are lacking. 50/50 split of good or bad middle managers, which can make or break your experience and opportunities. Not enough engineers and high turn over rate means most people are overloaded.

Advice to Management

Hire more engineers! There are more projects than ever at most sites, its time to hire people to get them done right.

Other Employee Reviews for LyondellBasell

1. "Company with a winning attitude"

Current Employee - Engineer in Channelview, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Channelview, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have worked for 2 other companies before coming to LYB 2 years ago. Things I like:
    - The best focus on safety I have ever seen. GoalZERO is great and is working
    - We get the resources we need to run the plants reliably and safely
    - Career opportunities - there are numerous plant expansions creating all kinds of new jobs
    - Top management clearly wants the company to be the best
    -Bonuses every year have been 30-60% above target, reflecting the company's good performance

Cons

There are some people in the company that were here before bankruptcy that just have trouble making the culture change. Trust me, I've seen the other side in other companies. The company is much more performance driven today and is not a place for people that want to sit back and have a party. The company is for people that want to work hard and win - that's why I like it.

Advice to Management

Keep driving hard on Operational Excellence - this is making us the safest company but is also making us very reliable and generating good revenue. And thanks for your strong leadership on Safety - it shows every day and we very much appreciate it.

"Average experience over my first 2 years"

Current Employee - Process Operator in La Porte, TX
    Current Employee - Process Operator in La Porte, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, benefits and overtime prior to upcoming turnaround

Cons

Cut throat operators, 'old timers' don't like change, management is not in touch with reality of unit, training is terrible.

Advice to Management

create a functional training program and have it implemented for everyone, not have 5 different ways of doing things.