LyondellBasell - I thought I was joining a family, I guess not. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LyondellBasell

"I thought I was joining a family, I guess not."

Current Employee - Operator in Channelview, TX
Current Employee - Operator in Channelview, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We do get a 6% 401k match and a 5% pension.
Decent money per hour

Cons

Supervisors are scared of management. managers are scared of higher management. This all rolls down hill on the hourly. Channelview plant manager leads by fear instead of real leadership.
They are always telling us to be industry leaders but they keep us at 60% of Industry pay.
Not much in career opportunities outside of what I do already.

Advice to Management

Leave.

Other Employee Reviews for LyondellBasell

"Weak management, little to no emphasis on employee growth."

Current Employee - Engineer III in Channelview, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer III in Channelview, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good compensation and benefits.
    Good financial outlook for the company.

Cons

- Management considers people as replaceable assets.
    - No emphasis on training or continued learning. No formal training programs or curriculum.
    - Reviews are given based on subjective opinion based thinking with no guidance or specifics for improvement.
    - Has IT capability that is atleast a decade old, spend several hours each weak chasing physical paperwork that could be seconds worth of work on a computer. Company still gives desktops to employees!

Advice to Management

- Start treating people with respect and not like children.
    - Raise the level of IT to current decade.
    - Get mid and lower management off their high horse to actually lead people instead of driving them with fear.

"DOES THE COMPANY REALLY DESERVE ANOTHER CHANCE?"

Current Employee - Operations Technician in Channelview, TX
    Current Employee - Operations Technician in Channelview, TX

I have been working at LyondellBasell full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not Yet, but working on them as we speak!

Cons

A lot, see the list below!

Advice to Management

Several reasons why we don’t want to give the Company another chance. We need a Union to improve our working lives, nothing against the company. We fell for that three years ago and here we are again with nothing to show and falling further behind our Union Brothers and Sisters within our industry.

1) 2002 lost hundreds of thousands in retirement

2) LBI Retirement plan is a joke..Only exist for the sake of saying they have one.

3) No retirement insurance for new hires.

4) Working spouse rule.....costing employees hundreds ea month.

5) No raise or 401K contributions during bankruptcy. ..Lost thousand and thousand of dollars.

6) All time company profits...very little bonus.

7) Dropped from 75th to 56th percentile in pay...comparing us to much smaller companies.

8) No OT till after 40 hrs worked use to be OT counted towards forty.

9) Facility sitting...only moved operators because it was the cheapest move to make...no operator involvement at all.

10) 401k matches now 1 to 1 use to be 1.5 to 1.

11) Forcing employees to work very high OT hrs due to lack of proper staffing.

12) OT after eight, spouse removed from insurance, floating holiday changed to two twelve’s, pension, personal days. People get paid 10% upgrade on T/A now if you are a Field Cor. or Permit Writer; we used to get 15%. To get around this they have a Supervisor setting in a Office not writing permits or doing Field work and at the same time CEO and all the big shots enjoining their huge profits.

We have heard that saying “GIVE US ANOTHER CHANCE” before, but nothing happen. We have been working hard to make the company successful. We deserve better, not the third party, Union Buster paid big bucks by Company to confuse us about the benefit of having a Union. So, now is the time for us to give ourselves a chance to bargain for better wages and benefits, just like our other Union Brothers and Sisters have been doing in the other Chemical plants and Refineries up and down gulf coast.

IT’S TIME TO GIVE OURSELVES A CHANCE! VOTE YES FOR A BETTER FUTURE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

STAND UP FIGHT BACK, THE UNION STARTS WITH U!

UNITE CVO!