Lyris - Opportunities and pockets of greatness | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Lyris

"Opportunities and pockets of greatness"

I have been working at Lyris full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- If you are smart, strategic and willing to work the opportunities abound. I've been in this sort of company before, it gave me a huge leap up on my career path. There are some difficulties, but a lot of great people, and keen effort can be really noticed.
- some great senior leaders on the team
- actually, quite great people at all levels. I enjoy my peers, smart and funny. There's humor in the workplace as well as work and accomplishment .
- the company is really able to make decisions and try things, this is much, much preferable to the moribund state of inaction of many companies.

Cons

- Some groups are well run (support) others need more work to get there.
- a pro and a con is the willingness to move people out, it makes for poor reviews on Glassdoor, but can be the right decision for the Lyris customers and other employees.

Advice to Management

Take time to hire and promote correctly - moving out poor performers isn't the best use of time and emotional energy.
Senior leaders (Sr. Director and above) really need to have more exposure at all levels of the company. The company is not that big - everyone should know everyone by name and function.

Other Employee Reviews for Lyris

"Decent career move, for sociopaths"

I worked at Lyris full-time

Pros

Apparently they are still making payroll and if so, the salaries aren't terrible. For those in desperate need of a job, I'm sure they'll be happy to employ you. Reasonably close proximity to San Francisco.

Cons

Certainly wins the worst company to possibly work for award, at least in my experience. Lyris is filled with rampant back-stabbing, astonishingly incompetent management and an endless series of poor choices... or are they? Think corrupt penny-stock. Money flows in and then the share value magically seems to get diluted again, yet a few dictators at the top seem to endlessly profit from this apparent shell game.

Sooner or later the employees realize that they're just working for a paycheck. Excellence is strictly prohibited and what remains is compliant mediocrity. However, skilled reptilian climbers (sociopaths) are more than welcome in this environment and have a reasonable chance of securing an income, for a while at least.

Advice to Management

Please spare these people further suffering, close the doors and pick an industry that's more in alignment with your core values and competence in general. Selling life insurance comes to mind.

"The worst place to work ever!"

I worked at Lyris full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Unfortunately there are no pros.

Cons

No respect for employees
    Everyone is always watching there back because they could be sacked for no real reason
    No structure
    Not respected in the industry
    No innovation
    Declined sales
    The value of the company keeps decreasing

Advice to Management

leave asap and the shareholders need to employ credible people