M&T Bank - Horrible Experience, Much different than banking center positions. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for M&T Bank

"Horrible Experience, Much different than banking center positions."

Former Employee - Lockbox in Baltimore, MD
Former Employee - Lockbox in Baltimore, MD

Pros

-It was a part time position during the weekends, this allowed me to have time for more important things during the week.
-It honestly wasn't a very difficult job at all.

Cons

Almost everything was wrong with this position.
-Environment
This job is in a very undesirable location. I was required to come in at 6am, I would often arrive when it was still dark out and there were very dubious people standing around.
-Employees
I'm used to a more professional setting. Therefore, I was thoroughly surprised when I found myself surrounded by so many angry and ill-mannered people. I'm not exaggerating when I say, I heard threats exchanged almost every time I worked. A lot of the employees were very vulgar (obscene profanity) towards one another and I can honestly say I was afraid of working there for fear of becoming a target.
-Management
The management during the weekends would not allow us to speak. We were literally told not to talk which I found to be odd. I also wasn't trained at all, and was just thrown into the position.
-Position
I found the position to be very boring. It was quiet all of the time due to not being able to talk during specific tasks.

To the benefit of the company, I honestly believe my personal experience was due to the location. I can say without a doubt that the actual banking centers and customer service roles are more professional. However, this specific setting (which had nothing to do with customer service) lacked decorum.

Advice to Management

Please do more audits and random checks during your weekend positions. It also wouldn't hurt to have more concern on who you hire.

Other Employee Reviews for M&T Bank

1. "Easy going"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Pros

Very employee friendly, cares about

Cons

Low salary, would rather hire new than to meat employee requests

Advice to Management

None

"Just OK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Pros

Stable company, despite being in the banking industry.
    Depending on the department you're in, it seems fairly easy to make friends.
    I feel fairly treated, despite cons below.

Cons

Low pay.
    Not open to different ways of doing things.
    Slow to adopt new technology, and very stingy with buyin new software, computers, etc.
    The difference between what your raise is if you did a fantastic job that year and if you did a crap job is probably about 1%. Not much incentive to do good work.
    Really tough to find room for advancement. Hard to know what you need to do to get to the next level.