M&T Bank - Well... | Glassdoor
  1. "Well..."

Current Employee - Service Associate

I have been working at M&T Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good PTO and Sick Day Bank

Cons

Racist coworkers and constantly being overworked. If upper management does not like you they will find ways to get rid of you. Probation period has low tolerance for mess ups and even if you do not do anything wrong since other people are trying to save their job they will pin the blame on you. Nasty coworkers and little diversity in the company.

M&T Bank2019-07-21
  1. "Technology Internship"

Former Intern - Techtern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at M&T Bank for less than a year

Pros

Interns were treated very well.

Cons

Although my team was great, many others worked in a team without actual work to do.

M&T Bank2020-01-22
  2. "Not the worst place to work"

Former Employee - Relationship Banker

I worked at M&T Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Retail bankers are paid hourly, so you only work 37.5 hours a week and you get paid overtime if you go over 40 hours. Three weeks paid vacation and 11 paid holidays. For a sales position, it's not a huge amount of stress. You still have to make your numbers but they aren't breathing down your neck.

Cons

Career progression is essentially impossible unless you are in business banking. In three years I only saw 3 people in the entire region get promoted. Most retail bankers were there 5+ years, same with most managers. Short staffing and branches being spread out makes learning new skills or shadowing someone in another department impossible.

Continue reading
    M&T Bank2020-04-02

Discover more reviews about M&T Bank.