M3 Engineering & Technology Corp. - It's been very good, but it's changing fast. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for M3 Engineering & Technology Corp.

"It's been very good, but it's changing fast."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

If you're good at what you do and a team player, you can advance quickly, and the pay is pretty good, the benefits are great, and lots of work lined up means decent job security. It's a cube farm in a new, high-tech building, but the corporate style is (still) relatively loose, and for the most part people are friendly and helpful.

Cons

Explosive growth in the recent past, and ongoing, means people are getting stressed out, and new hires get thrown into the trenches with very little orientation. Advancement used to be almost totally merit-based, and the company would put a lot of effort into developing people who had potential - now there's a lot more emphasis on paper, i.e. certificates and resumes.

Advice to Management

Current management is nearing retirement age - some departments have people who can become leaders, but the top tier needs new blood pretty immediately -

Other Employee Reviews for M3 Engineering & Technology Corp.

"Mundane work, monstrously disorganized, outdated method of record keeping."

Current Employee - Project Administrator in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Administrator in Tucson, AZ

Pros

Good pay and friendly atmosphere. Everyone is very nice. Nice airy building and modern equipment. Great benefits package including bonuses.

Cons

By far the strangest, most inefficient and completely convoluted method of record keeping I have ever witnessed. Your day is spent typing things into databases, printing them, taking that same info to someone else to type into another database, tyen printing that and filing it in 7 different places, including a scanned copy in the computer.

You will spend your day fixing margins and formatting, and trying to make sense of the horrific filing system, and wondering how such a successful company can even function. You will probably tear up a few times.

The first month was described to me as, "terrifying" and apparently people just don't come back after a few days. It is the nicest job I have ever detested, and if they paid me double, I would still run away screaming. I cannot wrap my head around how awful the work is and how disorganized the company is.

Advice to Management

Management for PAs think they have an amazing system in place. The monstrous procedures of record keeping are a result of older Word Perfect users being concerned with how printed data looks rather than how data is captured and presented. Not one person under the age of 30 will be able to make sense of the system in a few years.

There is zero training, and no one really knows which papers have been completed etc.

My advice is to hire a consultancy firm to organize yourselves.

"great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Pros

great benefits package, The pay is very good for a cheap city like tucson. good place to grow as an employee

Cons

job can be monotonous at times. if you are looking to do something the same way for a long time this is a great place for you

Advice to Management

Management has great interaction with employees. It also depends who our direct boss is and how well he is willing to listen to your advise.