MAA - Leasing Consultant | Glassdoor

"Leasing Consultant"

I have been working at MAA full-time

Pros

I was a part of Post Properties before we merged with MAA and there are a few pros and cons that came about. Commissions are great, especially since we were not getting $100 a lease and $75 a renewal before. So the change is nice and if you are a good leaser then you will definitely see it on your paycheck. A great thing about being a leasing consultant is creating your schedule monthly. Since you work weekends, you can ask to use your 2 days off for important events and add them to a PTO day for a longer vacation.

Cons

Open Monday-Sunday, including most holidays. Don't expect to have a normal work schedule nor work/life balance. If you have a social life and love being with friends on the weekends, forget it. You mostly work 3 out of the 4 weekends a month and majority of your days off are during the week, which all your friends are working. From my experience with Post prior to MAA, I felt like we were taken care of and that the company wanted to get to know us. Anytime Post's upper management visited our property, they would buy us lunch and eat with us and spend time getting to know us. Now, with MAA, they visit and want to know our numbers and then leave. There's really no relationship between the floor employees and executives. Overall, the employees of MAA are nice and the company is doing well.

Advice to Management

Stop cutting corners in the budget and take care of your employees. Take the time to get to know them.

MAA2017-07-24
  1. "best company"

Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at MAA part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

love the managment here they are very amazing people

Cons

need more pay and better benefits

MAA2019-11-25
  2. "GREAT!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at MAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper management cares about their employees and everyone is always willing to help each other.

Cons

Commission could be more but still not bad

MAA2020-01-16

Discover more reviews about MAA.