MAA - Leasing Consultant | Glassdoor

"Leasing Consultant"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at MAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you are at a solid , larger, high turnover rate property you can make a solid amount of commission. At my property we receive commission for leases, on-site transfers, and renewals. On-site management is friendly and I do feel cares about it's employees. Most of the residents at my property are very easy to get along with and are appreciative of your hard work. I also receive a discounted rate for living at an MAA managed property.

Cons

With all the pro's stated, there are things you need to consider before working for MAA. Commission and base pay is below industry standards. If you are at a smaller property you realistically will make around $30,000 per year if you are an excellent leaser. As a leasing consultant you are the front-line of the property, which means most of the stress, complaints, and blame will be put on you. Especially during peak season we work every weekend. While assistant PM and PM's get every weekend off, longer lunches ranging from an hour and a half to three. The worst part for me though (many others have stated this) we are just a number. While I've had a pretty solid experience thus far, this is not common from speaking to coworkers and colleagues. I honestly wish some of the upper management understood what we deal with on a daily basis. But hey, that's just my opinion.

Advice to Management

Money speaks. Perhaps reward your lower level employees for the hard work they do. Rather than a "thanks" or a pat on the back you actually do the right thing at the right time for the right reasons.

MAA2018-03-28
  1. "best company"

Current Employee - Stylist

I have been working at MAA part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

love the managment here they are very amazing people

Cons

need more pay and better benefits

MAA2019-11-25
  2. "GREAT!"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at MAA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Upper management cares about their employees and everyone is always willing to help each other.

Cons

Commission could be more but still not bad

MAA2020-01-16

Discover more reviews about MAA.