MAVERICK Technologies - You better be billable or the bench will have thorns! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MAVERICK Technologies

"You better be billable or the bench will have thorns!"

Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialist
Current Employee - Senior Control Systems Specialist

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

MAVERICK is fortunate in that they are growing. Our CEO is a visionary, not to mention a great guy, and communicates well the direction MAVERICK is going. Legacy systems are reaching their full life-cycle in most all control system platforms and now is a prime time to be in the integration business. Better stated, MAVERICK is poised to be the leading integrator in North America once the flood gates are fully opened. I love the work hard, play hard culture. Most of all, I really enjoy my job and working for MAVERICK!

Cons

If you are not assigned to a project, or unapplied, the bench, or idle is where you sit. Most people sorta freak out when they are NOT billable as you are now an asset liability. At times, there is little overlapping or coordination of project assignments - it's like winning the lottery when you get back on a project.

Advice to Management

Each office should have an engineering resource manager that all engineers report to. They'd coordinate directly with the project managers to resource load their projects. Also, providing guidance, personal development, training and accountability of each engineer.

Other Employee Reviews for MAVERICK Technologies

"Contracts without resources....forget about the position you agreed to."

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Houston, TX
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

On the phone and during the job interview it all looks very promising....but when it comes time to start your position forget about it...you are just another billable resource that they have and you will do whatever it takes to earn income, regardless of what you expected.

Cons

After joining and talking with other employees...its easy to find out how unhappy others are about their job and salary...They are too afraid to be open about it!

Advice to Management

stop lying to your employees...

MAVERICK Technologies Response

Oct 31, 2013 – Talent Acquisition Manager

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy and feel that your position is not what was described to you. I want to encourage you to share more about your experience with your management team, HR or even... More

"Looking forward to starting as a full time employee"

Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Houston, TX

I have been working at MAVERICK Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture (work hard/play hard)
    Cooperative Environment
    Meaning full work in a variety of industries

Cons

No major cons-The amount of work can vary over the course of a year

Advice to Management

Company's headed in a great direction, keep doing what you're doing!