MAXIMUS - Great place to work at | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for MAXIMUS

"Great place to work at"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at MAXIMUS as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy work and good people so far . I got some hard work in the beginning, but now it's getting better. I like to work more actually and they have lots of work to do .

Cons

nothing much as a con to report because I take the bus to work and come back on bus. That is actually a con because there is not many bus services.

Other Employee Reviews for MAXIMUS

"Good Company"

Current Employee - Specialty Case Manager in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Specialty Case Manager in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at MAXIMUS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed working with Maximus, as I enjoyed my position. Giving back to the community for the greater global good.

Cons

Low morale among line staff and upper management.

Advice to Management

Studies have shown that employee morale is directly tied to productivity – the more stressed and dissatisfied employees are the more productivity will plunge. On the contrary, happy employees mean more gets done in a healthy, fruitful work environment. Realise that the first step begins with the employer. To recognize the value of your employees is key. Many business have the attitude that employees are a 'dime a dozen'. If one leaves, another can be found to take their place without much trouble on their part. While this maybe true to some extent, the cost of advertising, interviewing and training the new employee can be prohibitive. Company should invest in ways to boost morale.

"Worst W"

Current Employee - ES-CCR in Athens, TX
    Current Employee - ES-CCR in Athens, TX

I have been working at MAXIMUS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

decent pay for a small town

Cons

I have been working there for 3 years now. We are expected to be non-human (no mistakes). We can be receive disciplinary action because we are late going to breaks (due to doing our job) because we could not end the call on time. We are allowed to be harassed by clients, not able to disconnect the call, can only transfer to a supervisor (if the client actually gives you permission to place them on hold to transfer them). we are forced to lie to clients at times (which I never signed up for). We are constantly being given more work and new programs with no more money. The morale is horrible. On a daily basis we see co-worker's desk being packed up because they are no longer employed there (all the while the supervisor's packing the desk are laughing and having a great time). The ES agents are to adhere to a very strict schedule, meanwhile supervisors and upper mgmt are allowed as many smoke breaks as they want, coming in late at the start of their shift and late from lunch. ES agents are only allowed a 30 minute lunch, while supervisor's and upper mgmt get an hour or more. There are many times when you need a supervisor's assistance, there is not one to be found. If we use the resources available while on a call, we could potentially receive a disciplinary action due to "over use". If we actually have downtime in between calls, we not allowed to speak with a co-worker neighbor. No cells phones are allowed out unless given permission, however supervisors have their cell phones out at their desk. ES CCR agents are not allowed to have pot lucks in their pods, yet ES SEU agents are allowed to have pot lucks within their pods. It is not uncommon to overhear supervisors bad mouthing other employees. Supervisors will not go out of their way to help you with issues that have been brought to their attention. Agents are treated unfairly, not paid enough for the work we are expected to do, and raises are a joke. I truly believe that if an outside source came in and did a survey with each agent anonymously (because too many agents are afraid up speaking due to fear of losing their job) that they could get some honest feedback and maybe things could start changing for the better. Maximus needs to be featured on Undercover Boss. If I were not a single parent, I would not be working for this company, I would rather live under a bridge, but that's not an option for my child, so I suck it up and do what I have to do as a parent. It's a shame that the company I work for could care less about their employees, we are all replaceable.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the management at the Athens call center and start fresh.