MBP - I worked as an Inspector Trainee intern on nighttime highway construction. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MBP

"I worked as an Inspector Trainee intern on nighttime highway construction."

Former Intern - Inspector Trainee in Roanoke, VA
Former Intern - Inspector Trainee in Roanoke, VA

I worked at MBP as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

1.) They are a company with great values.
2.) Each of my supervisors (I was moved to three different projects while working there) were extremely helpful and eager to share their knowledge.
3.)Great for a first time intern. They are very reasonable in what they expect out of you.

Cons

1.) I would typically work about 10 hours a night, so I didn't have much of a social life that summer.
2.) I would have liked to have had more responsibilities with respect to project planning/management.

Other Employee Reviews for MBP

"Lot's of good ideas and good people but a thorny management structure."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fairfax, VA

I worked at MBP full-time (More than a year)

Pros

MBP has an excellent on-boarding process. Their HR group is engaged and "hip" despite the fact they advertise one salary and then make the offer at a seriously reduced rate. The process is a good one and a candidate gets to meet a lot of people during the interview process. That helps with red flags, meaning that the candidate can see if there may be a "problem" working with an MBP employee.

Cons

The internal politics are pretty disruptive. There are people in management positions that shouldn't be in them. The marketing department is in disarray. The growth plan is 15 years behind-the-times. MBP is one of these firms that has sort of "succeeded" despite its dysfunction. Fairly typical of firms such as these. It's overall dysfunction is catching up with it.

Advice to Management

Management at headquarters needs a thorough and complete housecleaning. Some need to retire and some need to go do something else. Interpersonal and intra-personnel relationships at high levels need to be scrutinized closely. These relationships cause overall friction among employees and thwart company growth.

2. "Keeping it Real! Worth a read...."

I have been working at MBP full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Incredible amount of opportunity to develop yourself professionally through project assignments or through educational venues. Competitive benefits. Having so many services that MBP specializes in helps to ensure job stability as well as chances to expand your skills set by helping out on various jobs. We all have bosses/supervisors but here you are really allowed to explore and make recommendations. Your ideas are heard.

Cons

Perhaps more flexibility on telework for analytical types. However, the offices of MBP are nice, so one shouldn't mind reporting to them.