MCN Healthcare - The pits | Glassdoor

"The pits"

Pros

The best thing about working here are the low expectations. Employees are not empowered to do their jobs, so there is little accountability at the end of the day.

Cons

The downside is being treated like a child. No one is spared this insult.

Advice to Management

You do not know everything. If you did, you would be much more successful. Check the ego and learn something from your employees. They have experience in the market and can bring a new perspective which is desperately needed.

Other Employee Reviews for MCN Healthcare

"Career Suicide"

Pros

Offers good benefits including matched 401K, paid time off, and health insurance coverage for the employee (not spouse or children). The lack of accountability or shared goals lends itself to a low-stress environment.

Cons

Employees are micro-managed and not given the resources needed to excell at their job. The little direction there is changes without notice or good cause. Management is often exposed for being less-than-truthful or flat-out decietful, which creates a culture of distrust.

Advice to Management

My advice is to spend the time creating a strategic plan for the company and then execute it. There has been stagnant growth for 22 years because the owners are not willing to invest in the right resources nor are they willing to empower their employees. Perhaps business school instead of nursing school would help?

2. "Working at MCN is amazing, fun, rewarding and fufilling!"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist/Support Team in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist/Support Team in Denver, CO

I have been working at MCN Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary, Benefits, Management, Communication, Training, Management Involvement, Team Play and Colleagues are all top notch. I am surrounded by industry leaders who push me to be as good as they are. The work environment is professional, and interdepartmental communication is a standard. Our Co-Founder takes a positive hands-on approach during the client implementation process. The software is updated with improvements on a weekly basis, versus issuing updates every 6 months to a year like most other companies. The sales team works directly with support and the Customer Experience Team to ensure the implementation team encounters no surprises with the clients. The content director and her team is constantly updating documentation. We are provided with the best tools to get our jobs done. Requesting time off is always met with positive responses. Free covered parking? In Denver? YES!

Cons

After 8 months, I cannot report any. I've been an IT professional in different specialities for a number of years and this is the best company I've ever worked for. PERIOD!

Advice to Management

Keep guiding and listening as you always have. I appreciate how you take our ideas and improvements and allow us to deploy those solutions based on our findings.