MD Anderson Cancer Center - Excellent opportunity and research environment. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center

"Excellent opportunity and research environment."

Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Graduate Research Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team work and jovial environment.Everyone is helpful and the team with which I worked was very helpful and guided me to become an effective researcher.

Cons

Sometimes the work pressure was too much ,some of the team members were disorganized which made the work towards the deadline too hectic.

Other Employee Reviews for MD Anderson Cancer Center

"A great institution to be part of it; I worked here as Senior Statistical Analyst"

Former Employee - Senior Statistical Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Statistical Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It offers an academic environment with huge community of researchers and investigators. Got opportunity to mange and analyze data with millions of records of cancer patients which would not be available elsewhere. Inferential statistics which yield new methodologies and new solutions. I developed a new method for early detection of acute kidney injury among cancer patient with creatinine as bio-marker.

Cons

Based on the huge size and diverse nature of various departments, HR department works like postoffice and local managers tend to hire like minded people.

Advice to Management

New hires must be cross verified by 2 referees at random by the institution anonymously to avoid conglomeration of same ethnic, gender of religious subgroups. Some labs you will see only Chinese or Indians and other people become hesitant to apply there due to possibility of adverse work condition and this can be avoided.

"Great place to work!"

Former Employee - Research Assistant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Research Assistant in Houston, TX

I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, including tuition reimbursement and a nice gym on campus to work out in. MD Anderson also has a great mentoring program for developing your professional goals and making connections with employees in other departments.

Cons

The starting salary is relatively low for some positions. Also, MD Anderson is highly bureaucratic so it takes a long for something to be approved.