MDRC - Amazing organization, amazing people, amazing work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MDRC

"Amazing organization, amazing people, amazing work"

Current Employee - Technical Research Analyst I in New York, NY
Current Employee - Technical Research Analyst I in New York, NY

I have been working at MDRC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

MDRC is a collegial place to work with continuous opportunities to learn and numerous people supporting your professional development along the way. The work is challenging and interesting and people from any policy area have a very open door policy for helping and soundboarding. The Research Technology Unit is also a great asset. They are nationally reputable folks and hold in house SAS trainings and are very available. Finally, the organization does a good job at building camaraderie and company loyalty.

Cons

My experience is related to the Families and Children policy area. I know people in other policy areas do not feel the same and would like to caution that this is not necessarily generalizable to the whole company

Advice to Management

Have more unity/standardization between the different policy areas so that those who are being held behind because of a narrow sighted boss can still get the most out of their job.

Other Employee Reviews for MDRC

"Research Analyst"

Former Employee - Research Analyst II in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Research Analyst II in New York, NY

I worked at MDRC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Training program if you have limited exposure to SAS. Promotion attainable but only for people that are willing to brown nose.

Cons

Very elitist mindset and working there feels like over glorified graduate school. Not very diverse

Advice to Management

Just because you provide happy hours doesn't make the company hospitable.

"Decent Organization, but Needs Work"

Current Employee - Associate in Oakland, CA
    Current Employee - Associate in Oakland, CA

Pros

Lots of very committed and smart people are the biggest draw. Many of the projects we take on or develop are cutting edge work.

Cons

Bureaucratic for being just a medium sized organization. Raises and promotions are not fully based on performance. There is a minority of people who gets away with doing little but still moving their way up the ranks. Also, work/life balance issues are common at this org.

Advice to Management

Shift to a system of raises and promotions that is 100% based on performance. Let go of the dead weight: fire the people who have not been doing their share.