MEDL Mobile - Fun technology startup in sizzling hot mobile space | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for MEDL Mobile

"Fun technology startup in sizzling hot mobile space"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, Orange, CA

Pros

Casual work environment, fast growth, working on cool & exciting projects, young & hip staff, beautiful office space, free snacks, ping pong table, old school arcade with dozens of games

Cons

Long hours, hard work, very much a startup, not a lot of training or structure, culture and processes still emerging

Advice to Management

For the most part the management team is really awesome. I think they all have the right combination of skills and experience to make this company succeed.

Other Employee Reviews for MEDL Mobile

"A tapering experience."

I have been working at MEDL Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are a lot of good things that can be said, those things though, are about other employees. Some of the people I've met here are the coolest people I've met. Initially the feel was that of a start-up. Spitballing ideas, working hard, staying late, and having a great time doing it. Maltin, Dave, and Dennis are great guys to work with. Extremely giving and generous.

Cons

Weak pay, long hours, poor project management, no technical guidance, no code reviews, OUTSOURCING CODE, ever changing designs, virtually no structure at all. Any structure that does exist, is a facade and is non-existent when not looking at the whiteboard the theoretical structure lies on, poor communication (Sorry guys, all staffs and scrums don't work) ... SHOVELWARE

Advice to Management

If you would shell out the cash for seasoned developers that really know what they are doing and that could really help out the Junior level guys offering code reviews and other ways of bettering the junior developers, then you would not only be doing a huge service to them, you would benefit the company as well. I wish you all the best of luck. Also, give us time to work on projects we think would be cool! You could be pleasantly surprised by what your Dev team is capable of.

2. "Highly recommend! Loved being a MEDLhead!"

Former Employee - QA Tester in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - QA Tester in Irvine, CA

I worked at MEDL Mobile full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A+++Management in upper and lower management
    -Fun and exciting projects
    -Opportunities for advancement
    -Highly talented and supportive team
    -Positive and friendly work environment
    -Flexible hours
    -Continuous training and support

Overall, it was one of the most enriching experiences of my life. I looked forward stepping in the office every day. Working so closely with the team, they felt like a second family. Management was always supportive and gave me so many opportunities to grow and sharpen my skillset.

Cons

Benefits were a bit expensive.