MEDNAX - "Love it" | Glassdoor

""Love it""

Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Dallas, TX

I have been working at MEDNAX part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with Newborns, flexibility, meeting new people everyday, working on your own at your own pace. Working in a hospital atmosphere with a great staff of nurses. My daughter is a postpartum nurse at one of the hospitals I work at so it makes it even better for me. I love this job!

Cons

Working holidays, finding someone to work for you if you can't work. The pay is decent, but you won't get rich with this job. Hours vary weekly so if you need to make a certain amount of money each payday then this job is not for you. But if you need a little extra spending money then this job is a great choice.

Advice to Management

higher pay and holiday pay would making working on a holiday easier that not being with your family. Making sure you hire mature, competent people in management positions that are professional in dress and everything else.Should have managerial experience .

Other Employee Reviews for MEDNAX

1. "Nice part time job"

Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Newborn Hearing Screener in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at MEDNAX part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with infants, NOT having a supervisor hovering over you all day, no nights

Cons

Required to work some holidays including major ones like Christmas, no benefits, not for someone needing full time. This is definately part time position

"Unprofessional Leadership."

Former Contractor - Provider Relations Agent in Sunrise, FL
    Former Contractor - Provider Relations Agent in Sunrise, FL

I worked at MEDNAX as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff is nice to work with, everyone was friendly towards me. I was only there for a temp assignment and felt like I was part of the crowd. It's in a nice location in a well kept building.

Cons

I was in the Provider Relations Department to work a specific temporary project. One major negative I found was that the leadership team did not take the proper steps to help protect its employees confidential information after I was shown approved corrective action plans that were to be presented later that day. When I was offered a full time job someplace else, I spoke with my Supervisor because I did want to make Pediatrix more of a career since the job was something I was very familiar with and very experienced in. On the way home that evening, I received a call from my recruiter telling me that they called to release me from the temporary position. I guess it's their loss, considering my previous career was Manager of Provider Relations and I was only asking for an entry level position. Tons of experience that they are losing out on.

Advice to Management

You may want to review the professionalism of your leadership staff. They shouldn't be sharing confidential information with anyone who isn't involved in the decision making of that issue. Also, review your talent base, the Leadership team advised that the Provider Relations Department was in need of some help. I could have made a huge impact and my experience outlined that clearly.