MEDRIO - Growing, fun company | Glassdoor

"Growing, fun company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MEDRIO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-growth opportunity: as the company grows there is plenty of room for career growth
-impact: the company is still a small enough size to truly feel the impact you make
-culture: great work life balance, collaborative, fun

Cons

-there are certainly some growing pains as we figure out what works for us and what doesn't

Advice to Management

We are able to speak openly with all levels including the CEO regarding anything we'd like to change. As such, any "advice" I've had, I've chatted with mgmt about.

Other Employee Reviews for MEDRIO

"Great Place to Grow"

Current Employee - New Customer Specialist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - New Customer Specialist in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at MEDRIO full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office environment is what I love most about this place. Great culture with the company as a whole working towards one common goal. Starting out they give you the basics on how to perform while, and then let you loose to see what works for you.

Cons

The office temperature can have its highs and lows.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on guiding the company in the right direction. Also making sure different departments don't become pitted against one another keeping the great company culture.

"Great product and company mired by devastating yet easily correctable problems"

Former Employee - Marketing/Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing/Sales in San Francisco, CA

I worked at MEDRIO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This a company with great people that is striving to make a positive impact in helping companies bring drugs to market faster, and ultimately save more lives. The product is wonderfully 'disruptive' in clinical data management space, as so many other SAAS software companies have been in other verticals, and the vision of the CEO is an ideal guiding force. Medrio is mid-sized startup that is fighting the good fight and hoping to capitalize substantially, which puts its shareholders (management, board, employees) in a good place to benefit. I am convinced that with a little re-tooling, this company and its employees will be a great success.

Cons

The culture has unfortunately succumbed to politics, and certain teams such as marketing/sales, product, operations, have become toxic environments to work in for the majority. Preferential treatment toward some employees has become commonplace, and accounts of good employees being let-go without adequate justification, or others simply being forced-out, seem to be increasingly ubiquitous. Aside from the CEO, management is not being held accountable or taking responsibility for this mass-exodus and just seeks to re-hire. The recruiting/interview process is absurd, and management seems to struggle with scaling employees to optimal levels given the current state of the business. It does not seem that new employees are setup for success with minimal training, mentoring, or direction.

Justification for certain actions seems to by summed up with the phrase 'that's our policy' which is never a good sign. I observed that numerous employees comment that salary/bonus/compensation expectations were misrepresented or unrealistic during the interview process, in addition to a meager offered benefit package. Growth has appeared to have stalled compared to the recent past, and despite claiming to be upwardly mobile, there seems to be little career development or opportunity for many. Advise to applicants- ask specifically about the above before accepting an offer.

Advice to Management

Refocus on employee development and retention, rather than burning through people as a poorly run start-up would, and increase capacity to build the product and features dynamically and more efficiently.